Thursday, June 2, 2011

When you can't find'em..borrow'em!!

Recently, I was baby sitting my friends 2 children so her and husband could go to a concert.  The daughter, 3 yrs old, asked if I would paint her toes (Zoya "Isla", was her selection).

Of course I obliged, and she pulled out her mothers basket of polish. My friend likes the occasional pedicure, but does not like colors on her hands, so I was shocked she had a "nail polish basket"LOL.

Anyway, low and behold she had, 3 OPI DS shades... I did not have *faints*  ...I thought, "Oh...I'm gonna have to borrow these bad-boys;"..LOL!!  :)

So here they are.

First up...

OPI DS " Divine"
3 coats





















































This color was PERFECT on my hands, and I hated letting it go.  But I had to, besides I was ecstatic that my friend was sweet enough to let me borrow it!!

Next up...

OPI DS "Ruby"
3 coats



























(This was the week I broke 2 nails, so I had to cut them..LOL)



























The "holo-effect" is more subtle in this color, but it is still a very pretty red holo and oh so sparkly.  A couple weeks after I wore this, I actually found a  new bottle at a local beauty supply.....so I was not as stressed to give this one back..LOL!!

and lastly...

OPI DS "Jewel"
3 coats



























Yum, sparkling wine! So pretty, this color really grew on me :) I have of bottle of this up for swap on MUA, but maybe I'll take it back? Hmmm :P














As with most DS colors, they can run thin, so 3 coats is easy to apply and does not seem thick at all...simple perfection, thanks Nat for letting em borrow them, and thank to her daughter for showing me the stash...LOL :)
Pin It!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

oh divine is DIVINE!!!!

Ivana said...

Ö Divine is one of my biggest lemming. :) STUNNING!

Emma said...

I have DS Jewel - it is SO SHEER! Even after 4 coats I had a very clear nail line. Maybe it's just my bottle though - it looks lovely on your nails! xx

Unknown said...

love them...especially Divine!!

Carly @ Lacquered Lover said...

Ruby is glorious! Ah! I want it!

rebecca said...

...and divine goes on my wish list

Unknown said...

Great polishes!
You are lucky!!

Rory said...

Divine....*dies* that is one amazing color! I wish I could wear that on my toes this weekend!

Megan Harmeyer said...

DIVINE *droooooool* OMG that one is GORGEOUS! The others are pretty, but that one just does it for me.

Refined and Polished said...

I'm in love with Divine!!! Your friend was holding out on you...lol.

BMR said...

Divine completely lives up to its name.

Unknown said...

hey i like that attitude.. just borrowed 'em LOL.. holy smokes those are awesome!!!! and im just getting into pinks and such.youre an inspiration to me!!!!!

Toyomi said...

My gosh are they beautiful . I love them especially the first one .

KarenD said...

Wow, nice! Maybe she wouldn't notice if you replaced them with other OPI??? Nah, that wouldn't be nice, would it ... but tempting. :)

Aly said...

Divine is stunning!! At least you could borrow it :-)

polishloving said...

Divine looks amazing! huge lemming :D