Monday, February 6, 2012

Nicole by OPI: New Walmart Exclusives: Swatches and Review.

Yep, Nicole by OPI has been busy this spring.  Today I have 3 new colors that are new to their line up, and will be exclusively at Walmart.  I know, I know, some of you think Walmart is EVIL, but it may be worth your trouble to drop by and pick up a couple of these beauties..trust me!

First Up...

"The Gold Shoulder"
2 coats, no top coat








































Pretty isn't it? Yeah I really like this one.  Although I am a big fan of silver polish, I love golds that are more "antiquey" and "old world".  Here are some pics in the shade, so you can see the detail.








































This light gold foil has tiny specks of a darker gold/bronze that give it more depth than your average foil.  This was easy to apply and dried super fast.

I couldn't help but think how this reminded me of the gold foil from the Muppets collection "Designer Da Better"  so i compared the bottles.



























They are close, but the OPI leans more peach and pink than the NOPI, and the NOPI is far more blingier :)
One thing is for sure, if you like the OPI, you'll love the NOPI :)

"Best Pink Ever"
3 coats, no top coat





























Yep, it's pink, its a shimmer sand I love it but I do have one issue. In the bottle it looks like a great deep pink with fabulous duochrome flashes of gold and orange, but on the hands, the flashes disappear :(














Can you see it?














In fact when I saw the flashes I immediately thought of MAC "Bad Fairy" and OPI "The Show Must Go On".



























But alas, no flashes here, just lovely pink shimmer perfection! :)














This was perfectly opaque in 2 coats, but I was hoping a 3rd coat would deliver the duo-chrome flashes and well...it didn't work..LOL! No matter this is a great pink shimmer, and I may have to rock this on V-Day! :)

"'Fabulous' Is My Middle Name"
 3 coats, no top coat








































This polish is a bottle of FUN!!!! Seriously the glitter in here is so diverse and interesting, that at first I thought nothing of it, but once I got close...WOW!














See what I mean!














I love the mix of gold and silver micro-glitter with red, pink and blue bar glitter. Very different! I think this would be great layered over the other 2 colors. Why do I always think of these great layering ideas, AFTER I've already taken the polish off...LOL, Oh Well!!!


Nicole by OPI Nail Lacquers and Nail Treatments contain no DBP, Toluene, or Formaldehyde. Nicole by OPI formulas are long-lasting, fast-drying, and salon-quality. These Walmart exclusive lacquers will be available January 2012 for $7.00 each ($9.68 CAN) at select US Walmart locations and walmart.com and in February 2012 in select Canadian Walmart locations.

For more information, visit nicolebyopi.com. Follow Nicole by OPIon Twitter @NicoleByOPI and become a Facebook fan

*Product Info. sent by Nicole by OPI PR.


Pin It!

3 comments:

Fashion Footing said...

I just snagged the Best Pink Ever and Fabulous Is My Middle Name yesterday. Can't wait to try them!

Unknown said...

Great choices!

nail a college drop out said...

fabulous is my middle name = LOVE