Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Day Manicure

Happy Easter Everyone!

I did a special manicure today, inspired by a manicure I saw on Pinterest using, my new Cult Nails color and the two of the newest additions to the Nicole by OPI Core Line.

















Nicole by OPI "I Shop Mintage", Cult Nails "Casual Elegance", and "Nicole by OPI "Teal Me Something New".
















Isn't it cute?  I love it, and it is supposed to be reminiscent of Easter eggs. :)  I started off with one coat of the base color (alternating fingers and colors) and then I added the 2nd layer of color with a wave pattern only 2/3 up on the nail.  I used thin layers, since I applied a full coat to the tip, and not just a wavy line. After that,  I applied the 3rd and final color in the same wave pattern to the lower half of the nail.

The original nail tutorial was on Pinterest via bellasugar.com, HERE.  Easy peasy!

The Cult Nails, "Casual Elegance" applied AMAZINGLY well! It is basically a one coater and it is a stunning light lilac creme. Smooth application and excellent drying time.

NOPI "I Shop Mintage" is a yellow based mint green creme. It was thin and did not apply well in one coat, so I made the 2nd coat thick which required a longer dry time.

NOPI "Teal Me Something New" is good. No application issues, and is a nice bright vivid teal green color.  I was scared it would stain, so I applied 2 layers of base coat just in case.  I'll update later, if it does stain *fingers crossed* :)

















After I was done, I wasn't sure that anyone would recognize my nails as "eggs", but when my nephew saw them he said "Hey, they look like Easter eggs" :)  He is so observant!

Happy Easter and  Happy Resurrection Day, and I hope all of you have a blessed and joyous day .

Keep It Sweet!

*OPI provided the two products for review
Pin It!

5 comments:

thegirlwho said...

They definitely look like Easter eggs to me! What a fun idea. Happy Easter!

nail a college drop out said...

Love the colors you used

Johanna (Paillette) said...

Wow!! So beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful and soft! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Omg that mint!