Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My NCLA inspired nails.

Hello!

I saw a picture of a set of nail wraps by NCLA and thought..."I can do that with polish" :)


My manicure is on the left, the NCLA wraps are on the right...Not bad, if I do say so myself!

NCLA













I wore this manicure while my index nail was growing back from a bad break.  I was hoping it would make the nail seem longer, but I think it did the reverse, LOL!!! Oh well...I still like this idea! :)














Essence "That's What I Mint" and Barry M "Watermelon".














I started of with a nice thick coat of Barry M "Watermelon" and then carefully applied 2 coats of Essence "That's What I Mint", in a nice smooth arc on top, leaving the dark green exposed around the entire edge. 

I made sure to continue the smooth arc all the way down the sides, being careful to keep the same amount of dark green showing from underneath.














Barry M "Watermelon" is from the Gelly Hi-Shine Collection earlier this year.  It is a dark evergreen creme that dries to a nice high shine.  It applied perfectly, and almost has a Gel like consistency. 1 coat was all I needed for this manicure.

Essence "That's What I Mint", is from their Colour & Go released for Spring 2013.  It is a light mint green creme with silver and green micro-shimmer. The shimmer is very faint on the nail and more prominent in the bottle. 

I will have to try this idea again when my nails grow all the way back, and then see if it makes them seem longer or shorter, until then...Keep It Sweet!

Pin It!

3 comments:

Rachael said...

I really love the color combo of this!

Unknown said...

Thank You!!!!!

Gina said...

Very pretty! I love the look of this :)