Monday, May 6, 2013

China Glaze "Hologlam" 2013: Selected Swatches and Review

China Glaze knew how much we lobe holographic polishes so they released a collection this year to appease our appetites.  The Hologlam Collection was released this Spring and features 12 new holographic and electric polishes.










Some of these I received from China Glaze, and the others I purchased. However, 3 colors I did not care to purchase because they were too similar to other holo's I already had, "Get Outta My Space" (powdered violet), and "Not In This Galaxy" (bright, warm coral), "Don't Be A Luna-Tic" (turquoise aqua).

"Astro-Hot"
soft, baby pink
2 coats, regular base coat no top coat

























"Infra Red"
warm, magenta pink
2 coats, regular base coat no top coat

























"When Stars Collide"
warm maroon
2 coats, regular base coat no top coat


















"OMG A UFO"
warm, moss green
2 coats, regular base coat no top coat


















"Sci-Fly By"
light, silver blue
2 coats, regular base coat no top coat


















"Take A Trek"
cool, denim blue
2 coats, regular base coat no top coat


















"Strap On Your Moonboots"
midnight sky blue
2 coats, regular base coat no top coat


















"Galactic Gray"
warm, gunmetal
2 coats, regular base coat no top coat


















"Cosmic Dust"
silver metal
2 coats, regular base coat no top coat


















So which of these colors turns your head?  My favorites and the most original are "Strap On Your Moonboots",  and "When Stars Collide".  These 2 colors are the most unique in the big bad world of holographic colors. :P

All of them applied the same. The first coat applies well, it does give some bald spots and possible unevenness, but this is all easily taken care of n the second coat.  The second coat should be applied very carefully over the first coat.

Some gals prefer to apply a second coat of base coat over the first coat of color, to get a smoother application, but I found that if you apply the second coat with a light and gentle hand, and make sure you have a nice amount of polish on the brush, you can get a flawless manicure in just two coats.

These polishes can be worn with top coat and it will not diminish the holographic effect, however like most holographic polishes, these will chip fairly easily. :(

Soooo, did you grab any of these colors? which ones are our favorites?

Keep It Sweet!

*Some polish were provided by PR for review.
Pin It!

5 comments:

Carissa said...

I personally bought 3 polishes from this collection and i'm completely lusting after the other ones! great swatches! :)

Unknown said...

@Carissa- Thanks :)

Norma said...

Loving Astro-Hot and when stars collide!

Dema said...

Pretty pretty swatches! Now if it would stop raining here, I could try my own hologlams, lol. It seems like its been 2 weeks since I have seen a sunny day.

Rainbowify Me said...

I was indecisive when these came out, but I'm glad I bought a bunch of them because I really like them. I have only tried Take a Trek yet, but am looking forward to trying them all :)
Fantastic swatches, thanks! :)