Monday, October 24, 2011

Nicole by OPI Holiday Glitters: Swatches and Reviews!

Good Morning, it's Monday, it's cold, and I'm kind of miserable until the sun comes out...LOL. I am sooo not a morning person. But I have today some great new glitters from Nicole by OPI :)

I recently cut my nails, (I do this about 3-4 times a year) I think it's good to grow a new set of nails, every quarter :)

New nails, new colors, and these new glitters are just what my new tips needed. I was really surprised at which ones were my favorites! I'm going to start off with my favorite.

Nicole by OPI
"Orna-ment For Each Other"
I can’t stay away from this tomato-red twinkle!
 2 coats, with top coat





















































GORGEOUS! This one reminds me of falling Fall leaves and it is so pretty!!!! This bright red-orange glitter reminds me of Hard candy "Lava" but with an added punch of gold glitter! Love this color, and if you haven't guessed it's my favorite!


Nicole by OPI
"Snow-Man Of My Dreams"
The “spark” was instant with this rainbow-packed blue
2 coats, with top coat





















































Love the silvery blue, very pretty, but I was a bit disappointed in the lack  of coverage.  I used 2 coats, but 3 was definitely needed.  The silvery blue is awesome and I love how interspersed with the blue are purple, green and silver glitter. I Love this mix of colors, I just wish it covered opaque in 2 coats.


Nicole by OPI
"Glitter In My Stocking"
 Give the gift of gold-glittery goodness!
2 coats, with top coat






















































Great gold- all mighty!!!!! This one is bright and super fun to wear. Great in 2 coats, no complaints and the contrast between the gold and the red is awesome!



Nicole by OPI
"My Sleigh's In The Shop"
In the meantime I rely on this mesmerizing magenta
 2 coats, with top coat













































Gorgeous red based purple (or magenta) glitter with gold glitter dispersed in between. This one was really pretty and opaque in 2 coats, but I would have liked more gold to contrast more with the glamorous purple.

A special note, all these glitters are AMAZINGLY SMOOTH, I mean they were not bumpy to the touch or gritty like most glitters.  They did dry some-what matte, so a top coat is necessary to give them that shine factor! My favorites are the first two colors, they are must-haves in my book!
Nicole by OPI Nail Lacquers and Nail Treatments contain no DBP, Toluene, or Formaldehyde. Nicole by OPI formulas are long-lasting, fast-drying, and salon-quality.

These limited edition Holiday Glitters will be available November 2011 for $7.99 each in the U.S. at HEB, Sears, Stage Stores, select Target locations, Target.com, and ULTA. In Canada, lacquers will be retailed for $10.99 each in Shoppers Drug Mart, Loblaw and Zellers.
For more information, visit nicolebyopi.com. Follow Nicole by OPI on Twitter @NicoleByOPI and become a Facebook fan

*Info. provided by OPI PR.





Pin It!

11 comments:

*Anna* said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melissa said...

Beautiful swatches! I really only want Snow-Man Of My Dreams, but it might be a dupe to OPI Simmer and Shimmer, which I already have. I'm not sure though.

shoegal929 said...

I purchased Snow-man of My Dreams & My Sleigh's in the Shop from Target this past Friday, I love those two colors. I may get Orna-ment for Each Other, but the gold glitter polish reminds me of China Glaze's Twinkle Lights from their Let It Snow Collection. Anyways, nice swatches!!

Unknown said...

@Anna- Thank U

@Melissa- It may be a dupe, I do not have the OPI, I'm not sure.

@shoegal929- Orna-ment for each other is gorgeous! Perfect for fall. It is more opaque and is a red/orange with gold glitter, where as ChG "twinkle lights", is a gold glitter with red, and green. Not nearly as opaque! :)

Unknown said...

Nice colors!
The red is my favourite!

Aly said...

I usually am afraid of gritty glitters so if these are smooth: <3!
My favourite are red and magenta!

fairy_ana said...

They are so beautiful!! The first one is my favorite...I think I'm gonna look for it...thanks for sharing!

Destany said...

I just don't like them for me. i like the way they are looking on other people, tho!

Teddi said...

Love the magenta, will definitely have to be on the lookout for those!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! That gold is AMAZING!!!! I know this is from like 2 years ago, but is there anything like it that I can get now????

Unknown said...

@Dawn- you can try and find the new Sinful color "Pumpkin Spice" or China Glaze "Electrify", both of them are very close!