Tuesday, October 4, 2011

China Glaze Halloween 2011 "Haunting Collection": Swatches

I've had this for a long time, but wanted yo wait til October to show them to you :)

"Halloween is all about over-the-top style and China Glaze has just what every girl and ghoul needs to complete their costume.  Put the finishing touches on any look with the new China Glaze HAUNTING collection"


"Crimson"
2 coats

Deep purple crème with a hint of blood red







































This color is nice and deep, but not very unique. It looks black indoors, but outside you can see it's "crimson roots"!  I'm sure I have a dupe of this one somewhere in my stash.

It still is a perfect color for Halloween, and the formula was great!


"Near dark"
2 coats

Rich mossy green crème







































I really like this color, nothing spectacular, but it totally reminds me of something dragged out of the SWAMP, and I love it!!! Great formula, super shiny, definitely keeping this one.

 "Haunting"
2 coats

Shadowy black with shimmering silver glitter








































Very nice, and not gritty at all. Smooth formula and is opaque in 2 coats.  Plus this color reminds me of the new one by NARS "Night Breed", and a color by Nubar " Knights Armour"...and since I have neither, I''m keeping this one! :)


"It's Alive"
2 coats

Vibrant green glitter







































This dried a bit matte, so I had to top it with some top coat to make it SHINE!!!!!



























Definitely better :) This is awesome! Multi-shaped green glitter! So bright and so perfect for Halloween! Out of the collection, THIS is the one to get!

Overall, I'd say last years collection was better, and definitely the year before with "Spellbound" was the ONE to get, but this collection definitely has some gems.  Get the glitters and skip the rest! :)



Are you dressing up your nails for Halloween?


Pin It!

4 comments:

Carina M said...

It's Alive is the one that stands out for me. The others are a little ho hum.

I have the kind of skin tone that just sucks the prettiness out of any color. LOL I ordered these online and they're sitting at home with the other 50+ bottles I've ordered while I've been gone.

I'm a bit disappointed with Crimson because on others (and especially the bottle shots I saw) it looks so fabulous. That is the one that really motivated me to purchase the collection. Hopefully it will look good on me. *crossing fingers*

Unknown said...

@Carinam- I hope Crimson works for you, it is very dark and mysterious :)

fairy_ana said...

They look so beautiful, Haunting is my favorite!

Gottwinkies said...

I love them all, and they all look gorgeous on your nails....but my fave is the green glitter bomb! I am already hearing voices from multiple Frankenstien movies Saying "It's Alive" LOL! I haven't dressed my nails up but I want to alternate pink for Breast Cancer Awareness month and ghoulie stuff, mouhahahahaa