Friday, March 28, 2014

OPI Brazil Collection and Liquid Sand Mini's: Review and swatches

It's actually very gloomy today, but hopefully my swatches will brighten the day. :)

OPI is bringing us some warm tropical tones and some warm sandy tones to help guide us into Spring and Summer.






















OPI "I Sao Paulo Over There"
2 coats, no top coat















This is a very pretty lilac mocha cream. Smooth and easy to apply, this is an easy "go to" polish for Spring.

OPI "Next Stop...The Bikini Zone"
2 coats, no top coat















I was expecting this to be sheer in two coats, but it wasn't and surprisingly it covered well in two coats. Color me impressed!  This is an amethyst toned metallic polish, very subtle and very pretty!

OPI "Don't Bossa Nova Me Around"
2 coats, no top coat















Nope, not a fan! I do like the fact that this muted pink creme is not "in your face", and it did apply well in two coats, but this color ...is not my style.

OPI "Taupe-Less Beach"
2 coats, no top coat















Another purple toned cream. This is a light lilac taupe creme. It applied well, despite the cotton ball strand left on my ring finger *Grrrrr* . I don't love it...but I don't dislike it either.  Middle of the road for me. :)

OPI "OPI Scores A Goal!"
2 coats, no top coat















This is where wine meets chocolate, LOL! This is a pretty wine colored creme.  Definitely wine colored, but the richness of the tones reminds me of a chocolate bar.  It's a nice color, and when I first saw it I thought of fall, but on the nail it has a "berry brightness" to it that lends itself more to Spring, rather than Fall.

OPI "Amazon...Amazoff"
2 coats, no top coat















Pretty teal green polish with a very understated shimmer. I know OPI is calling this a green, but it's not. I need them to revisit their past "Green" colors and use them as a guide to what really is GREEN! I like this color, smooth and bright and the slight shimmer is an added surprise. :)

OPI... if your going to do a "green", make it a REAL green, preferably with a shimmer... I need more green polishes in my life. :)

OPI "I Just Can't Copa-Acabana"
2 coats no top coat

















There is nothing "mellow" about this yellow :)  This is a bright sunshine, new banana kind of yellow, LOL!  Covered well in two coats, but I was very careful when applying this one, as yellows are notorious for bald spots.  Two coats, and my tips were bright and sunny. :)

OPI "Where Did Suzi's Man-Go"
2 coats, no top coat














I hate to say this, but I think this warmed mango creme is my favorite of the bunch. Applied well in two coats, looks great on the hands and conveys "Spring" to me!  This is exactly the color I needed to wake up my winter tips. :)

OPI "Toucan Do It If You Try"
2 coats, no top coat















This did not photograph well for me, I need a new camera, LOL! The bottle is more accurate than the nail.  This is a bright coral orange creme. Applied well in two coats, no issues. Darn Camera!

OPI "Live.Love.Carnaval"
2 coats, no top coat



























Pink coral.  Yep, this is going to be great on my toes. This is a great coral pink creme. Applied perfectly in two coats, went on smoothly and it will definitely be my next pedicure color.

OPI "Kiss Me I'm Brazilian"
2 coats, no top coat















OYE! This pink is ELECTRIC! It is NOT neon, but it IS bright! Two coats is all you need, in order to wake up your tips say, "Wake Up, it's SPRING!" :)

OPI "Red Hot Rio"
2 coats, no top coat















You can't have a collection about Brazil and NOT have a red!  This red is very pretty, it is a true blue toned red, so don't think red tomato...think red corvette! :) Amazing in two coats, and although I have a tone of reds in my collection, there is always room for another fabulous red. :)

Next Up...the Liquid Sand colors!

































I wore these for 30 minutes before I photographed them.

OPI "Samba-dy Love Purple"
2 coats, no top coat

















This is a great bright purple polish with a liquid sand texture.

OPI "I'm Brazil Nuts Over You"
2 coats, no top coat

















Hot pink liquid sand . This has a slight shimmer to it, which is nice.  I like when textured polishes have an added sparkle or shimmer to them, it keeps them from looking dull by the second day.

OPI "What's A Little Rain Forest?"
2 coats, no top coat

















A lovely tropical blue textured polish.

OPI "You're So Flippy Floppy"
2 coats, no top coat

















A lemon yellow textured polish, that will wake up any manicure! This one took longer to dry on me than the others. The colors was great, but the dry time was a tad slower than the other textured colors in the set.

Overall, I love "Where Did Suzi's Man-go", OPI "I Sao Paulo Over There", and OPI "Next Stop...The Bikini Zone".  These three definitely stand out to me. 

Brazil nail lacquer shades each feature OPI’s exclusive ProWide Brush for the ultimate in application. Liquid Sand nail lacquers should always be worn without top coat. Brazil by OPI will be available in both nail lacquer and GelColor formulas beginning.  Nail lacquers will retail for $9.00 ($10.95 CAN) each at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, jcp Salons, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, ULTA and ulta.com. Beach Sandies Liquid Sand mini pack will retail for $12.95 ($14.95 CAN). GelColor is an in-salon, professional service only. Prices depend on the salon and range from $28 - $38 for a manicure and $35 - $45 for a pedicure.

            For more information, please call 800-341-9999 or visit www.opi.com. Follow OPI on Twitter @OPI_PRODUCTS and become a Facebook fan!

*Product sent by PR for review.

Pin It!

2 comments:

Dante said...

That Next Stop...The Bikini Zone looks great! And the name made me choke on my coffee.

thegirlwho said...

Great swatches! I love all the pinks, the liquid sand polishes, and the yellow! This is a collection I might end up owning in its entirety.