Thursday, September 8, 2011

These are a few of my favorite "green things"

I was in a serious "green mood", and I couldn't get the color out of my head. So today I have a pretty green manicure to show ya!

But first a list of my favorite "green things"

1. Garden of Life "Perfect Food" - I drink this every morning!
2. Kermit the Frog- He rocks!
3. Limes- I love limes squeezed over Mexican street tacos and in my Vodka..LOL
4. My plants- I love having real plants in my office :)
5. My lace-less green converse- The perfect pop of color!
6. Green Tea- Well it's not actually green, but I drink this every day and love it!

I just received China Glaze "Sour Apple" from a friend/reader Terni in a swap, and I just had to wear it, but I didn't want to use "underwear" (1 coat of a nude color as the base color). so I decided to PUNCH-UP the green elements by using my favorite green creme as a base!





























Isn't it awesome! 1 coat of Essie "Pretty Edgy", and 2 coats of China Glaze "Sour Apple".

Topped this off with 1 coat of "Gelous" and 1 coat of Seche Vite. :)



























You know as well as I do that glitters are "top coat monsters", and they eat up most top coats for breakfast..LOL! Well all except, "Gelous" (found at Sally's).  "Gelous"  is awesome and once you put it on top of any glitter, it smooths it out nicely! :)














Funny thing is that "Gelous" is actually supposed to be a base coat, but we "nail-heads" have discovered that when put on top of a glitter...it ROCKS!!!!



























The China Glaze went on smoothly and wasn't goopy like some glitters. I wore this manicure for 4 days, and every time I went out side, I gazed at my nails...I love the sparkle of the glitter!














I know you can still find some of these China Glaze "Specialty Glitters" online, and if you seem some grab them, they are a lot of fun :)
Pin It!

13 comments:

L said...

Oooh I love this! Reminds me of candy for real.

Fashion Footing said...

That is awesome to know about the Gelous.... fantastic! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Awesome green!
I love it!

JQ said...

Oh my goodness! Thanks for the tip about Gelous! This manicure packs serious punch.

Unknown said...

@L- Yep, it does look like sticky candy :P

@Fashion Footing- Your welcome :)

@rock-or-not- Thank U, I love it too!

@JQ- Wham! POW!..LOL

Leelo said...

This color looks amazing :)

Liz said...

Wow, this is a true candy apple green! You just added another polish to my 'to buy' list :)

Courtney said...

This colors looks great on you, reminds me of green jolly ranchers!

Pretty said...

ooh i love this. where to you find specialty glitters. i love me some glitter

polishloving said...

that looks yummy :)

ABOP Laquerlove said...

Ohmygoodness! This is so perfect! I am to green as you are to blue...

Anonymous said...

I have Sour Apple. Definitely one of their sbest green glitters!

fairy_ana said...

China Glaze green nail polish looks fantastic. I was looking for something like this. Your nails looks so pretty with it!