Friday, March 8, 2013

Oops, it's not Valentines Day?

Yes, I was going through my un-posted manicures pictures, and ran across this manicure that I meant to post the week of Valentines Day...but obviously did not, LOL!

Oh well, we all still have a little V-day love in our hearts, right? :)

Here ya go...

















Zoya "America" and Zoya "Dea". 2 coats each.



























I decided to do a curved chevron pattern on the tip of the nail to simulate the top of a heart.  It was a cute idea...for February, LOL.














Zoya "America", is the perfect retro red creme, almost like the perfect tomato, but not that yellow toned.  I have a ton of reds, but wanted this one because of the Prince song "America".  This applied well in 2 coats and dried nicely, no issues.

Zoya "Dea" is the perfect hot cocoa color. Rich and smooth!  Yum! This also applied well in 2 coats.



























I applied the Chevron pattern to the tip of the nail in 2 easy strokes. Topped the entire manicure using Zoya "Armour", and then followed that up with Seche Vite.














Zoya and Seche Vite do not "play well" with one another and Seche Vite causes shrinkage when topped on Zoyas (on some people). So I figured out that if I topped the Zoya with "Armour", their own brand of top coat, and then used Seche Vite...NO SHRINKAGE!














Happy Friday and Keep It Sweet!
Pin It!

3 comments:

JQ said...

I love the simplicity of this design, and the colours too. :)

Unknown said...

This is very pretty.

Unknown said...

@JQ and Subliminally Smitten- Thanks :)