Thursday, March 28, 2013

Sinful Colors: Sugar Rush Spring 2013

Okay, so generally I am not a fan of Sinful Colors, the reason being is that they are "chippy" on me.  This along with the added fact that, in the past, they had some questionable ad campaigns that exploited works of fellow bloggers, does not help either.

BUT that is not to say it is a BAD brand to buy, or wear.  I know A LOT of nail lovers, who love and swear by this brand, and it wears like IRON on their nails.  The collections are frequent, always have the latest colors, and are fairly inexpensive at $1.99, and always go on sale for 99 cents. You can't beat that, LOL!

So recently, they released this collection that had a polish named "Candy Coated" , and well you know I had to buy it!  So here is "Candy Coated", and her fun loving "sweet treated' friends. :)

















"Sugar N Spice"
2 coats, no top coat



























Mid-toned dark pink creme with a subtle shimmer.  It was thick, which is why my nails have a sort of "thick" look. No Bueno!

"Cotton Candy"
3 coats, no top coat



























Mid-toned light pink with a subtle shimmer.  This was better, but the third coats was necessary for me to get rid of bald spots.

"Orange Cream"
3 coats, no top coat



























Light peach creme with a very subtle shimmer. This is a gorgeous color.  It has an almost "jelly" like formula, applied smoothly, but 3 coats was needed to cover bald spots.

"Unicorn"
3 coats, no top coat



























Light yellow creme. I do not think this is new, and I've heard it is part of the "core" line, but never the less, Sinful decided to put it in the collection display,  and it works well with the theme so here it is, LOL!

I love this color, which is odd for several reasons. 1st, I generally do not like pastels, 2nd... I do not like light yellow wince my room as a baby was yellow, and as a toddler I never liked it, LOL :)

But this color looks good on my hands, so I have to "smile" at it.  But the formula was "blotchy" yet thick, and I needed 3 coats to cover up bald spots :(

"Sugar Rush"
2 coats, no top coat



























Pretty powder blue creme. This is where the collection takes a turn in "formula", from this point on all the colors become manageable and smooth, its a polish miracle!!  This is a great blue for Spring.

"Sweet Nothing"
2 oats, no top coat




























Mid-toned teal blue creme. Gorgeous, bright and energetic, this is a definite keeper!

"Candy Coated"
2 coats, no top coat




























Soft blue-tones purple creme with a very subtle shimmer.  Love! Simply LOVE!

"Sweet Tooth"
2 coats, no top coat















Pink tones purple creme with a subtle shimmer.  Very pretty, I like how it is "bright" yet "light", Nice. :)

Overall the formulas are odd and I do not care for them. The colors are nice, and let's be honest, anything that is arranged in a rainbow pattern, as a display always gets my attention.  Way back in the day, I was a big fan of unicorns, Lisa Frank stickers, etc, so if it has a rainbow or comes in a "rainbow of colors", I'm SOLD! LOL!

My favorites are the blues and the purples, but as a set I say ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK". I do not like Sinfuls brushes, and the polish sometimes started to drip from the top of the brush while I was brushing  even-though I swiped the brush on the edge several times.  Just not my cup of tea. But for $1.99-99 cents, can you beat it?

Keep It Sweet!

Pin It!

9 comments:

Kas said...

I love Candy Coated on you and it's even better because it also goes perfectly with your blog :P

Nail Polish Obsession said...

I still need all of these :D

nail a college drop out said...

I bought some of these last month and still haven't used them

For Me, It Works... said...

LOL! Jackie, as I said, when I saw this collection, I thought of you. I knew you would at least get the Candy Coated. LOL!

wildflower_eyes said...

I still love this collection! Did any of these wear any better on you? I personally have had luck with a lot of the Sinful Colors. The formula on Mauve (my recent favorite...I just posted about it) is flawless! On me, OPI creams chip like crazy...it's funny how it can be so different!

Unknown said...

@Kas O- Thank You, I love it too!

@Nail Polish Obsession- I wish I knew sooner, I think all my displays have been picked over by now :(

@Briana- Girl, what are you waiting for? LOL :)

@For Me, It Works- You were soooo right, thanks :)

@wildflower_ eyes- I got chips on the 2nd day with the yellow, the others I used for nail art and they were fine :)

Unknown said...

I got them all except the pinks. Now I wish I would have gotten Sugar and Spice because it looks like a neon on you, looks fabulous!

Too bad you don't like SC. Do they chip on you even with a good topcoat?

Jess said...

Gosh your swatches make me want every single one. I'm a SC junkie everytime I go into a drugstore

Marisa said...

I love the blues and purples also, those are the only ones I picked up. I've yet to try them though. I hope I don't hate them because of the formula :-/.