Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Fun with Pastels!

Hello and Happy March...just felt like saying that.  :)

Today, I have some of the new pastel shades from Sinful and China Glaze's "Avant Garden" Collection. I am still working on swatching these colors, but I could not help myself when I got an idea for a design and color combo in my head.

















Funky cremes! I'm sure I must have seen this design somewhere else, since I am not that creative when it comes to nail art.  And if this was done prior to me, I'm sure it was executed with less mess and errors.














Okay I used OPI "Don't Pretzel My Buttons" as the base , and painted every nail that color.

Then with each individual color, I painted a half moon pattern on the top and drew a line down the center. I went over the pattern  maybe twice, just to make sure it was  opaque.














Thumb to Pinkie: Sinful "Sweet Tooth", Sinful " Candy Coated", China Glaze "Fade Into Hue", Sinful "Sugar Rush", and Sinful "Sweet Nothing".



























I used a small nail art brush from Sally's that has a brush on one end and a dotting tool on the other.  After the manicure  dried for 5 minutes, I added from more of the OPI in areas to make the lines more straight and then topped with my usual 2 coats of top coat.

The entire look took no more than 30 minutes to complete (not including the base color drying completely).



























You can easily replicate this look by using french tip guides and nail tape. By using these, you are sure to get a more accurate and consistent nail look.  I'll be doing this next time, because my free hand skills SUCK, LOL :)

Keep It Sweet!


Pin It!

4 comments:

Helen said...

I love the pastels against the nude color! Very cute and unique. :)

Unknown said...

@Helen- Thank You!!! :)

Courtney said...

i love the color combinations, too! but they kind of look like women wearing G-strings/thongs :P

Unknown said...

@Courtney- LOL, you are so right! LOL...AWESOME!!!