Monday, May 31, 2010

Let the "Dark Side" take over!

I went to the "Star Wars Concert" yesterday with my brother and of course I did a Star Wars inspired manicure.

I used:
1 coat Diamond Cosmetics "Starry Night"
1 coat Icing's "Blackout"
China Glaze "Pool Party"
China Glaze "Towel Boy Toy"
Diamond Cosmetics "Silver Brocade"
Zoya "Snow White"
 Blackout is very sheer, so I had to use Starry Night as a base.  Starry Night has more pigment  and very nice black glass flecks, and served as a great 1 coat base under Blackout.  Black out is a fun, holographic glitter polish, that looks great in the light, perfect for my manicure.

For the light sabers, after I did the layers of Starry Night and Blackout, I took a tooth pick and literally dragged out a line on my nail.  I filled it with a coat of white polish, and then 2 coats of Pool Party on one nail, and Towel Boy Toy on the other, all using my double header nail art brush.  Then I painted Silver Brocade on the bottom to make the handles. Done!
Are you a Jedi?

Our did the dark side take over? LOL

Ha ha ha, the concert was really great, there was a full orchestra and choir that  played and sung all the scores set to scenes from the movies. 

Each set was based on a character, and the entire concert was hosted by the actor who played C3PO...sweet!

My personal favorites were all the scores set to the "Dark Side" and "Lord Vader",  I'm partial to villains, the scores were so much stronger and crisp than the other scores!

Who is your favorite character from Star Wars?
Pin It!

7 comments:

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

That's a cool nail theme. May the force be with you!

E.J. said...

Nice!

Unknown said...

wow Turned out great! ~Patricia

Lucy said...

Love the manicure. Great idea for a concert. I would love to see that.

Unknown said...

Thanks, it did turn out better than I thought I was quit proud of it, I showed my brother and he said "you have too much time on your hands"...LOL, typical brother :)

Emma said...

yay! star wars geeks unite :)

Moe said...

thats unique! i´m not a star wars fan but this is gorgeous! :D