Wednesday, November 10, 2010

O.B.A.G: Oldie But A Goodie

Here is an old polish of mine that I know is very sought after.  If I had known at the time that this polish was as fabulous as it is, I would have bought the entire collection.

Sally Hansen
Nail Prisms "Ruby Emerald"
2 coats













I tried to capture the green, but I still have overcast and I could not get a good shot. But what I did capture is how CRAZY the shimmer is, look at the bottle shot, you can see the shimmer and the green near the bottom.  It's gorgeous!















I bought this polish while I was living in Chicago and gong to law school.  I had just discovered dark plum polish and that was all I bought, this one caught my eye at my local Walgreen's and I bought it.

It is a gorgeous plum shimmer with green and gold duo chrome shimmer.











































Because I had forecast I decided to re-swatch it when the sun came out the following week.


























This polish has sparkle that is soo pretty and jewel like...and the prismatic effect does exist on the nail but every time I tried to photograph it, it goes away...LOL.  Just keep looking at the bottle pic and that is what you get on he nail.


So pretty, now all I have to do is find a travel time machine and go back in time and buy the rest LOL. 

What polish would you travel back in time for?
Pin It!

16 comments:

amusedPolish said...

if you travel back,please save a seat for me :P

L said...

Its still beautiful. I love it.

Megan Harmeyer said...

Very nice! I've seen a couple people who've found these at Dollar Tree. I haven't been quite so lucky.

Anonymous said...

omg ruby *emerald* really sally hansen? REALLY? two.different.stone.different.freaking.compounds. >headexplodes<
gorgeous polish on you though ;)

Unknown said...

@scandalous- I know, Ive had it for soooo long, I almost forgot about it till I decided to catalog all my polishes..LOL.

Who knew I was sitting on this gorgeous color!?

@amused- I'll make sure you are my co-pilot :)

Arie said...

I love it! I have some oldies too :), I am not sure but I think I have this one yay!!
Oh no :( , I only have Ruby Clarity, and Ruby sapphire ^_^.

Unknown said...

@Artie- Ruby Sapphire is pretty!, have you posted about it yet?

KarenD said...

Oooh, time travel? I'd buy a bunch of Essie SSN and Clarins 230 of course, but mostly I'd just retrieve all good stuff I weeded out of my stash through the 80s and 90s.

Unknown said...

@KarenD- I agree, I threw away so many great polishes, it makes me sick to even think about it ...I'd go back, slap myself and get them back:)

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

I think I got these when they were clearing them out at the drugstores. I have quite a few and I love them. You do make them look hot, too.

shortwidenails said...

I'd go back for my cover girl blue ocean but also the OPI summer shores collection...drools. Okay, I have a thing for holos.

deltacephei said...

Wow, it's GORGEOUS! Looks great on you!

AllThingsNails! said...

So gorgeous; right up my alley!

Donna said...

I thought you were going to say you found this one at DT. I'd have to live there until I got one too! lol This is gorgeous!

Saori said...

what a really beautiful red, love it lot !!

Zara said...

This is gorgeous! I really wish Sally Hansen would bring back the Nail Prisms...I would die of joy. ;P