Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Studio M....FINALLY!

Yes I finally got my hands on "Slamming Red" and "Purple Medallion" from Studio M.

I was visiting family in the Midwest and I made a bee-line for Meijers and that's where I found them...WooHoo!

Studio M
Slamming Red
2 coats















This is 2 coats with a top coat of Seche Vite. A simply gorgeous red that leans pink and is totally slamming! 

I know many people have said that this polish was very gloppy, but mine was fine.  It is thicker than the average polish but it was very easy to manage and dried nicely.  It was still very bumpy and gritty, like most glitters, and it dried kinda matte, but nothing a coat of Seche Vite couldn't handle.















This polish glitters like no other!  It was opaque in 1 coat but I added 2 for good measure:)  It has holographic glitter and sparkles like there are literally jewels inside, gorgeous!















Studio M
Purple Medallion
2 coats















Purple Medallion is Slamming Reds cute cousin. 

This one isn't opaque in 1 coat and absolutely requires 2 coats, the base has more of a jelly -like consistency.

Now I'll warn you both are a P.I.T.A. to remove....SERIOUSLY!  I suggest that you layer both of these over a red or purple creme polish that is complimentary in color, that way removal is a ton easier :)





























Both of these are awesome, and in the sunlight they are blinding!
Next time I go to visit family in the Midwest, I'm buying more for swaps...a lot more :)
Pin It!

23 comments:

Moe said...

holy! *.*

Anonymous said...

these are some awesome colors!

Megan Harmeyer said...

*bows down in amazement* These are gorgeous!!!

Penny said...

WOW! These are beautiful. Gotta love glitter.

LadyLuck said...

how pretty!

AllThingsNails! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AllThingsNails! said...

So pretty-licious! I had so much fun wearing my Savina Purple Confetti which totally reminds me of this (Slammin' Red)... Party on the nail FOR REAL :)

Michelle said...

Gorgeousness!

Lucy said...

These are so pretty.

Blu11 said...

Amazing! :)) My Slamming red is gloppy as hell but I don't mind, it's too gorgeous. Wish I could get my hands on Purple medallion too.

Martje said...

wow look at those glitters!! lovely :)

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone! Although glitters are a "PITA", they ARE gorgeous! There is another Studio M color called "magic attraction" that is supposed to be pretty as well.

Unknown said...

I do have both they are so pretty on you. I would love to have some of the other pretty ones :)

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

Evil, seductive glitter! I want it but will hate to have it leave (aka removal). I have some friends up the East Coast and in Indiana that talk about Mejiers. I think I'm going to call in a few favors!

yokeMun said...

oooh...Slamming Red's really nice!!loving the pinky glitter..=)

Trista said...

Love Purple Medallion. So going on my never ending(or shortening) wishlist.

Erin said...

Bwahahaha, aren't these fun? I'm lucky to have a Meijer around for these. :)

Just an FYI for those not in the know, Studio M is produced by the same folks that make Color Club. :) Several colors in the Studio M core line and seasonal installments are Color Club polishes under a different name (and sometimes even the same name!).

Like Studio M Magic Attraction (which I wore this weekend, and GAAAAAAAAH, was it amazing!!!!)? Color Club Magic Attraction. In a different bottle, at about half the price. :)

Katrina said...

dang! those are awesome! i wonder why i havent picked em up yet!

Zara said...

Those are awesome! I live in the Midwest...so why have I never even seen a Meijer?!

colorfulbottle said...

I can't pick my favourite. Both are just tooo beautiful to describe =)

Fifi said...

i cannot get over how sparkly it is!!! =D

theVEROblog said...

I tagged you for a blog award =]

http://theveroblog.blogspot.com/2010/12/me-encanta-tu-blog-award.html

Fifi said...

Omg I'm in LOVE!! Where did you buy these amazing polishes from and is there an online store?? (i live in the UK) Thank you for posting this xx