Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Comparison: Vampy Reds

I've been crazy busy this weekend with work, so I have some older comparison post I did, and never posted :)
So here it is a comparison of all my vampy reds and the funny thing is, once they were all on, I couldn't really tell a big difference..LOL!

Thumb: Pure Ice "Scandal" 3 coats cream
Index: RGB "Ox Blood" 3 coats jelly
Middle: OPI "William Tell Me All About It" 2 coats cream
Ring: OPI "Lincoln Park After Dark" 2 coats cream
Pinkie" Sally Hansen "Pat On The Black" 2 coats cream






























See what I mean?  Damn the clouds, I need some sun!!!!!!















I mean... the RGB looks lighter, but that's because its a jelly, otherwise, they are all Twinkies. in this lighting, OYE VAY!

So I re-swatched them once the sun came out the following week.















Much better and I cut my nails they were getting long :)

The 2 OPI's are near dupes on the nail, even though in the bottle "William Tell looks lighter.  The Old Pure Ice and RGB are near dupes, except for the fact that the RGB is a jelly.  Either way they are all filled with Vampy goodness. I love'm all!
Pin It!

13 comments:

Trista said...

they do all look pretty much the same. very pretty colors still

Gina (Prim and Polished) said...

Love them all. I cannot get enough vampy goodness. Nice comparison!

Admin said...

So very beautyful color!
And you have a nice blog!

Icequeen81 said...

lovely love those colors

Megan Harmeyer said...

The middle & ring fingers really do look the same - and the other 3 look the same. LOL Thanks for the comparison - now I know I don't need LPAD!

L said...

Thanks for posting these. I love a good vamnpy polish.

Lovely Addison said...

i have another salon hansen on like that last one but it's called purple rain. veryyyy similar to linkin park. :)

Rory said...

Oh man, you're sorta making me want to try RGB and I DON'T want to get sucked into another sorta expensive brand. These are all lovely; I'm going to put a color like this on tomorrow night!

Unknown said...

@ Everyone- Thank You! :)

@Lovely Addison- You have Purple Rain?! Ive been looking for that one :) I'm a Prince fan:)

@ Varnish Vixen- I bought them when they had a BOGOfree sale :) It is expensive, but so pretty! I just heard they sell RGB at Urban Outfitters online.

The Madd Crafter said...

I love it when people swatch a bunch of colors like this. I think that all the colors are just perfectly vampy. but there's just something about the jelly one that I love.

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

First, I love VAMPY black reds!!! Next, I love comparison posts. :)

It takes some serious close inspection to notice any differences in these shades.

Donna said...

I don't like nail colors that can be mistaken for black, I want them dark and vampy but just light enough that you can tell they are red, or blue, or purple etc. That's why I don't understand why women go nuts over NARS Zulu, it's black! Go get a black and pretend it's green, same thing!

What is RGB?

Zara said...

Wow, these look a lot more alike than I would have thought! Thanks for the comparison.