Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tutorial Tuesday: Inspirations from Bali

I'm finally taking part in a Group Challenge! LOL! I am a member of a polish group on facebook, and often they do great challenges, but I never take part in..until now.

I saw a fabulous "Fishtail braid" tutorial done by Lucy's Stash, that reminded me of a bracelet I bought on the beach in Bali, so I knew this tutorial and challenge was for me!

What do you think?














Here is the bracelet...



























Here is the tutorial...
















The tutorial had fewer layers of colors than I did, but I don't think it turned out that bad :)

I used 2 coats of Orly "La Playa" as my manicure color, and for the "Fishtail Nail" I used a base of China Glaze "For Audrey", and then used Orly "La Playa", OPI "Black Onyx", China Glaze "For Audrey", and OPI "Fly" for the braid. :)












































Pin It!

13 comments:

chichicho said...

such a cool design,
This is the first time I have seen this.
thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

This is new for me! I'd probably try it one these days! :)

Lawless Lacquer said...

I love your color choices! Such a cool design!

Freshie said...

The colors really are great! I''ve yet to try this method but it's on my to do list ~

Nailmattic said...

That accent nail is just everything!!

Unknown said...

Thank You everyone, it has inspired me to do my nail art, stay tuned!!!!

Sandra said...

It looks so pretty!

Tintin said...

wow cool design i love this mani

Unknown said...

You did a great job! I'll have to try one of these!

Lucys Stash said...

Hi Jackie,

thank you so much for linking back to me! Your mani is very pretty, well done :)

Chelsea said...

wow this looks so effective. what group is the fb group? i want to join!

Jodi said...

great job... I love it!!

Unknown said...

@Chelsea- email me and I'll let you know the name:)

@Lucisek-Lucy's Stash- Your tutorials are awesome, I'm attempting the leopard one tonight...I'm hooked!!!!

Thank You everyone for the comments and support, I think I've finally figured out nail art that works for me!!! :):)