Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Beauty Box Five: Review

I know you've heard about the latest mail order craze, subscription boxes.

Basically it is a box you receive on a regular basis, every month, every other month etc.  You can find a subscription box for EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING! Food, Dog treats, makeup, hair products, fitness gear etc.

I currently have one subscription box for natural curly hair and I love it!

Today, I am sharing with you a new box to me, it's called "Beauty Box Five".  Every month you get a carefully selected mixture of travel, deluxe and full sized samples.  Plus, shipping is always FREE and you will receive discounts from partner brands as well.



















Why "Five"?...it's because you get 5 beauty products every month for $12 a month.  You can get the boxes for less than $12, if you sign up for a 3 month subscription or 1 year subscription.

This is what came in my box!
































Here they are one by one!

Bask "Heavenly Silk Daily Skin lotion"





























This is a very light lotion, with a nice light fresh scent.  It blends into the skin nicely, and does not leave a "greasy film" on the skin.

 Swissco Nail File




















This file is two sided, one side is silver sparkles an the other is black. I can not tell a difference if the textures are different, but an extra nail file is NEVER a bad thing, LOL!

H2O Plus "Aquafirm +Micro-Collagen Moisturizer"





























I don't know if it fought my "fine lines" or promoted "collagen production", but it smelled nice (very light), went on well, and made my skin feel moisturized and didn't break me out, so that's a winner in my book. :)

Be a Bombshell Eyeshadow "Birthday Suit"




























This is a light tan eye shadow with no shimmer. I actually like this type of shade as a sort of "primer", that I put on my eyes before applying other colors.  It goes on very light and smooth, and can be used as a nude toned shadow, on lighter skin tones.  I love the nice neat travel friendly snap case, Winner!

Nubar "Hot Pink"


I decided to mimic the bottle and do a manicure using OPI "Emotions" and Nubar "Hot Pink", LOL :)



I am a big fan of Nubar polishes, and this little mini bottle is no different. This bottle was .25, half of the regular Nubar size, but the polish inside is still amazing. This neon pink applied perfectly in two smooth coats.  It did dry less glossy than most polishes, so it needed a top coat to give it that shine.

Overall I think this box is a super cute idea, and I can think of a couple friends of mine who may be getting a subscription for Christmas. ;)

If you want to receive your very own Beauty Box Five, just go their site BeautyBox5.com and you can follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Pintertest and Instagram (IG: beautybox5)!

Keep It Sweet!

*Product sent by PR for review. 

Pin It!

1 comment:

♥vendy♥ said...

the package of heavenly silk is super cute
xoxo
happy day

NEW POST!!!