The method is that you paint your nail any color, then dip a straw into nail polish (the bottle or dip it into a glob of polish on a plate or foil), then place over the nail and BLOW!!!!!!
So here are my results!!!
Right Hand. What do you think? I like the right hand better than the left :)
I used OPI "Alpine Snow", 2 coats, since white polish is a great base for neon's. Then to "splatter", I used China Glaze "Pool Party", "Yellow Polka Dot Bikini" and "Towel Boy Toy". All topped with 2 coats of top coat :)
Yeah it makes a MESS!, so here are some tips:
1. Use a smaller straw, like those used as coffee stirrers. The "splatter" is more controlled.
2. Tape up your fingers along the sides and the across the cuticle, or smear petroleum jelly in the same area before you start, for easy clean up.
3. I prefer to drop the paint on a piece of foil and then dip the straw in that. Dipping the straw in the bottle can waste a lot of paint, and it makes the straw even messier.
4. Wear clothing you don't care about, the paint may get on them.
5. Have an eyeliner brush and acetone ready to clean up the sides.
5. Don't try and be perfect, just have fun! :)
I said, I wasn't going to do this again, but looking back at my nails... I think I actually WILL do this again!
Everyone who saw my hands, was amazed at how cool they came out, and even more amazed that I did them myself. :P
Have you already tried this method? Which color combination's did you use?