Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Butter London I did not like...

Yep, you read that right. Today I have a Butter London color, I thought I would love, but I ended up not liking it at all.

It met all the usual "polish criteria"...

1. It looks great in the bottle
2. The online swatches I've seen are fabulous.
3. Other "nail heads" rave about it.
4. It has a great name.

BUT...alas, it was not meant to be once it landed on my hands..LOL.

I give you....

Butter London
"No More Waity Katie"
3 coats








































Nope..these pics above are very accurate, but I'm just not "feeling it" on my hands.














with flash..STILL .....Nope...I agree it's gorgeous, and the greyed out lavender base, with the lilac glitter, it is VERY pretty but I just didn't like it on my hands...I don't know..I'm weird! :)














I had to do 3 coats because the formula was a bit "splotchy", but overall it was workable.  I took these pics the next day before I took it off. 

When I wear a polish it has to make me smile the second I am done, and this one didn't make me smile AT ALL, in fact I kept frowning at it, and wondering if it would "get better"...it didn't LOL :)

So off it goes to a better home.  I am packing it up now for a swap, and it will definitely make it's new owner smile, I am sure :)


Pin It!

11 comments:

Brooke @ Blushing Noir said...

I loved this one, and think it looks great on you! But I have definitely heard more negative reviews than positive on it.

Unknown said...

aww... I like it though, I think it looks good on you

Shannara said...

I don't know why you don't like it, It looks great

Unknown said...

I like it!
Such a nice shade!

Beyond Blush said...

I hate when you have such high hopes for a polish and then it lets you down :( But I do think that this polish looks great on you, but you have to love it on yourself! :)

Victoria said...

I like it but sometimes it is just not to be. I'm sure there is something else just waiting around the corner which you will fall in love with.
x

Aly said...

I understand the feeling of "it should be great but I don't think it is, on me"! It's a nice polish but well if you don't like it on your nails, it's right to swap! I feel the same with Orly Snowcone BTW (looks almost scary on my nails)!

Carina M said...

Out of all the BLs I have, this one pisses me off the most. It had the same list you had. However, I found the glitter didn't deliver. It was a bit bland - dull and lifeless. Then to make it even worse, I had to do 3 coats (like you)...and, well, poop on a cracker - it was so thick it looked like I had fake nails on!

At first I was so pissed, I wanted to throw this color at a moving car.

Hopefully they will revamp this color, because it's not the color I'd associate with Princess Kate.

Chelsea said...

Awww, I have this polish and I absolutely love it! I'm even planning on getting a back-up! Personally I think it looks great on you. :) But I know how it is when something looks great in theory but you feel it just doesn't work for you.

Anonymous said...

It looks pretty in the picture, but if you don't love it then it's not right! Polish is suposed to brighten you day when you look at it :-) Good for you for swapping - hopefully both parties are thrilled :-D

ABOP Laquerlove said...

And yet, I'm soooo loving it on you!