Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Revlon "Galaxy"

Given the fact that I was out late last night with my nephew "trick-or-treating"  a.k.a. "begging for free candy", I thought it appropriate to post this manicure.

2 coats of Revlon "Galaxy" over 1 coat of Sally Hansen "In The Navy".








































I received both in recent swaps, and when I saw the 2 colors next to each other on my counter, I knew it was fate :)

"Galaxy" has a tinted blue jelly base with navy glitter and holographic micro glitter with larger holographic hexagon glitter.

It's pretty awesome, but like most glitters it has it's problems.  The glitter is hard to apply, in that, you almost have to "dab" and "place" the glitter on the nail.It does dries nicely, and it does go on smoothly, so it's not a total loss. :)




























What I love most about this glitter, are the tiny bits of navy glitter, they almost look like "blue pepper" :)




























"In The Navy", is your basic dark navy shimmer, it has a great "glow", which is why I was so happy to receive this in my swap. It's an older color, so it is slightly harder to find.















Yeah..... I'm so tired after last night, I need to go home and go back to bed.
 
Lucky for my nephew, his school has an "admin day" today, so he gets to stay at home today and eat his candy.....Lucky kid!:)



Pin It!

5 comments:

Shannara said...

love this layering

Rainbowify Me said...

It's amazing what a bit of glitter does to a mani! :)

Unknown said...

@Shannara- Thank You! :)

@rainbowify me - Isn't it, it "wakes up" any manicure :)

Fashion Footing said...

I am loving Galaxy... I picked up Starry which I am assuming comes from the same collection but it does not cover as well as Galaxy. Pretty!

♥beauxs mom said...

They look so beautiful together, I love the blue pepper lol