Thursday, November 10, 2011

GOSH "Purple Heart"

Today I have a polish I have had for at least 2 years.  I first swatched it for a comparison with Zoya "Ki" and other similar duo-chromes HERE.

After that I never actually wore it as a manicure until today, so here it is...

GOSH
"Purple Heart"
2 coats





























I know what your thinking...boy is that window in the background dirty..LOL :)  No, I know you are wondering why the great green and blue duo-chrome magic we see in the bottle, does not appear on the nail and my magic answer...I DON"T KNOW...LOL!! But even though the "magic" does not really appear on the nail, this polish does not disappoint.





























This polish applied very evenly and nicely for a shimmer, no dramatic brush strokes left behind. :) Also, this color is very similar to Zoya "Ki", and if you have "Ki", you may not need this one. See my comparison link above.



The dominate color is definitely the dusty orchid shimmer that you see, but on the side you can see its darker side, which appears at different times during the day and in different lighting.






























In indirect lighting, a little steel grey is peeking thru....





























Under indoor fluorescent lighting that grey turns a bit olive-grey...:)
















I know a lot of people will be disappointed that the greens and blues don't show up, but no matter, what color shows up, at anytime, they are all gorgeous and make this color stand out in a crowd.

Pin It!

6 comments:

Rainbowify Me said...

The purple is very pretty - but yes, I would be very disappointed when it didn't show like it does in the bottle. :)

Trista said...

I have this polish! And while I was disappointed that it wasn't the multichrome it appeared to be in the bottle, I learned that it is great for making polish rings! Also...why wasn't this polish named Gasoline, instead of Purple Heart and vice versa?

Curious....

Unknown said...

I put Ki on today and saw this picture and wanted to hunt down this purple...after reading this I looked down at my nails I'm super happy! <3 this is beautiful!

carissakuo said...

never tried gosh polishes before. but a lot of the colors seem really nice!

Carina M said...

It's like my OPI Glacier Bay Blues - there is this fab duochrome-y goodness in the bottle. On the nail? Utter disappointment. I've also had issues with Nubar's Peacock Feathers, too. :(

I just love that Gosh color, though. It looks wonderful on you.

Aly said...

It might not be super duper duochrome but I love how it looks on you (perfect finish, no brushstrokes)! BTW It' nice to know that I'm not the only one having polish sit in my untrieds/drawers for many months, even years :-P