Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Nail Fail

Follow my blog with bloglovin


Okay so I have two great polishes that NEVER should be combined!!!

Orly
"Matte Vinyl"
2 coats



Love this polish, this reminds me of the black chalk boards in school, we had green chalk boards too, but the black boards were cooler...LOL!  2 coats, no issues!!


Then I added a top coat and lordie, I love this look glassy shiny..soo simple, soo hot!


Cute huh?  Then I decided to add China Glaze, "Dreamsicle", 1 coat.



Ick, ick, ick! It's ghoulish and cool, but it is NOT Halloween yet, and I am NOT impressed. 

The China Glaze was goopy, but the glitter and opaqueness is soo awesome I thought it would be good over black...I was wrong! 

By itself GREAT, layered bad, very very bad!


No., No , No..these two shall never meet again, do you agree??

Pin It!

10 comments:

jaljen said...

I do agree. I have done similar things myself. The base of the glitter polish has to be crystal clear. If it has that milky quality at all then it's disastorama.

Megan Harmeyer said...

I agree - that is not exactly a winning combination. LOL The shiny topcoat over the black is gorgeous, though.

Mistress Zombie said...

I would wear that for a halloween gradient look only.... but as an everyday look... nope never let those two meet.

LadyLuck said...

I like Halloween colors so in my opinion dosnt look bad at all... FOR HALLOWEEN.

Katrina said...

haha - it was worth a shot of layering the two. now we know.. =P

Hook Prism Power said...

OH my lol. The black by itself is awesomeness but I agree with you on the layering... I really love the matte black!

Unknown said...

Wow!!! Dreamsicle is awesome over black. That's why black is beautiful because you can layer so many polishes over it!! Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

I'm here to serve, let this be a warning ladies, not all nail ideas are supposed to work!

If I have any more "nail fails"..I'll make sure to post them as a warning to all..LOL! :)

And I love how there is always someone who can find the beauty between the ugly, bravo ladies! :)

Unknown said...

the black itself is just perfect. And I love orange.. but I completely agree, the combination is.. not really nice... thnx for the warning ;)

Dante said...

The first coal black one looks awesome. I've never seen a polish like that.