Thursday, November 8, 2012

Zoya "Isla" and "Freja"...the original Fire and Ice!

Here is a cute little manicure I did one Saturday morning, before heading out for the day!














Left hand.














Left to Right: Zoya "Freja", and "Isla"














Right Hand.














Zoya "Isla" is a rich, velvety blackened red shimmer that simply GLOWS! "Freja" is a shimmering gunmetal grey with blue and silver undertones, very COOL!!

The 2 colors together are like "Fire and Ice", a perfect combo! I applied 2 coats of each color, and then topped it with Zoya "Armor" and then finished it all off with Seche Vite. Seche Vite tends to shrink Zoya colors, so adding another top coat between stops this. :)



























I love doing manicures where I alternate the pattern of colors on each hand, it's simple and fun!



























Keep It Sweet!
Pin It!

4 comments:

Essie Rae said...

Love it. These colors look great together. They have the same sheen :)

Unknown said...

@Essie Rae iheartprettypolish- Yes they do! :)

Unknown said...

Oooo, thanks for the tip because Seche does indeed shrink polish very bad. I love the idea of alternating colors on each hand. Love this mani.

beachgal said...

Lovely combo - I have worn Freja a lot - cannot think I never ordered Isla - I went through all Zoya reds and ordered spoons of all that were a 5 opaque and somehow this one I never ordered? That's going to change on my next Zoya order - going to put it into my list right now! I am one who does not have the shrinage problem many report with SV & Zoya (and some other polishes too) - maybe I just am lucky or it's the temp I tend to do mine in? Not sure - I do keep my SV always consistent and never let it get too thick. There is a special SV thinner that works perfect on it - way better than my Zoya thinner does in SV top coat. Assume the SV thinner will work on the SV color line too - I need to find where to order those and give 'em a try.