Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Gold, Gold, Gold...Comparison.

Hey there, today I have a gold comparison. With the addition of gold in a lot of the holiday collections this year, I decided to do a comparison to other golds that have been released in past years.

I had a discussion with a lovely nail board member on MUA about a comparison between the gold from Zoya and the new gold from OPI, and it hit me that there may be more golds that are close to the Zoya.

Okay, enough talk...

















Left to Right: Orly "Luxe", Zoya "Ziv", O.P.I "Glitzerland", and O.P.I. "Goldeneye".

All swatches are without topcoat.














Orly "Luxe" 2 coats, Zoya "Ziv" 2 coats, O.P.I "Glitzerland" 3 coats, and O.P.I. "Goldeneye" 2 coats.














Orly "Luxe" 2 coats, Zoya "Ziv" 2 coats














O.P.I "Glitzerland" 3 coats, and O.P.I. "Goldeneye" 2 coats














In indirect light: Orly "Luxe" 2 coats, Zoya "Ziv" 2 coats, O.P.I "Glitzerland" 3 coats, and O.P.I. "Goldeneye" 2 coats.














In indirect light:  Orly "Luxe" 2 coats, Zoya "Ziv" 2 coats, O.P.I "Glitzerland" 3 coats














Orly "Luxe" 2 coats, Zoya "Ziv" 2 coats, O.P.I "Glitzerland" 3 coats

As you can see Zoya "Ziv" and OPI "Goldeneye" are unique and distinct enough to own both, if you like golds. :)

The Orly and OPI "Glitzerland" are actually very close in color but the texture is very different.  Orly "Luxe" is more yellow gold and "Glitzerland" is very antiqued gold and silver in tone, and the OPI took 3 coats to make it opaque.

Either way, here you can see what you my already have and what you may need. Given the holiday is upon us, you need to have a gold in your collection...just sayin  :)

Keep It Sweet!

Pin It!

10 comments:

♥vendy♥ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~Elizabeth aka Lacquered Lizard said...

I agree! At least one gold in your collection. I have a lot more...netting you do too.

~Elizabeth aka Lacquered Lizard said...

I agree! At least one gold in your collection. I have a lot more...netting you do too.

Unknown said...

@Elizabeth- Yep, I do have more, but I only have so many fingers, LOL. hahahaha :) :)

Marisa said...

Great comparison!! Ziv is my favorite.

Unknown said...

@marisa- Mine too! :)

Minty said...

Ziv is also my favorite, I need to buy backups of it!

rebecca said...

I need more gold in my stash!

beachgal said...

I love Ziv - I have all of these but for the Orly. I have not used Glitzerland in a long time - need to get that one out - but going to be hard to get me to use anything but Ziv right now when I want that kind of a gold - funny now that gold metal (the real stuff) is so expensive, gold is really big again. You see hardware on purses and shoes going to gold again over silver that has been used as the #1 finish for yrs. I am reaching for my old yellow and rose gold rings/earrings, bracelets now a lot and I did not even have any out - I had my go to silvers and white golds as my go tos. I like mixed metals however so that is part of why I like Ziv a lot

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comparison. I think I like GoldenEye the best.