Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Essie "Leading Lady" and Barielle "Lava Rock"

Hey there...are you ready for some Turkey and cranberry sauce?  This next manicure totally reminds me of cranberry sauce, definitely making me HUNGRY! :)































Essie "Leading Lady" and Barielle "Lava Rock".








































I loved this manicure, super rich and glamorous!  I wanted to give this glitter a darker base to see if I could just darken it up...just a tad! :)

Bottle shot














"Leading Lady" is a dark cranberry red jelly with cranberry glitter. Very pretty and opaque in 2 coats on it's own. Applied nicely, and dried smooth. :)

Bottle shot














"Lava Rock" is a blackened deep plum red shimmer. Very pretty on it's own, and opaque in 2 coats.
















I did 1 good coat of "Lava Rock" and then 2 coats of "Leading Lady".  I paired the 2 of them together, and WOW, what a difference a darkened base makes!!! Amazing!!!








































This manicure dried smooth, no glitter monsters here! I still did 2 coats of top coat, so no issues as far as wear-time, this manicure lasted the usual 4 days no chips!















Yummy, yummy cranberries on my nails! What is your favorite part of Thanksgiving?...for me it's the turkey, I love TURKEY!!!!

And if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, what is your favorite part about ANY holiday?

Keep It Sweet!
Pin It!

10 comments:

Sasha said...

Oh that is just gorgeous and it does remind me of cranberries! Love it!

~Elizabeth aka Lacquered Lizard said...

I'm all about the next day: Turkey in gravy over mashed potatoes. YUM!

~Elizabeth aka Lacquered Lizard said...

Oh! And I love this combination. It's rich and seductive.

Tara Killmaster said...

That's so pretty!

Unknown said...

I have Essie's Leading Lady. Your combo turned out nicely. I like the stuffing. You can just sit me at a table with only stuffing and I will be very happy.

Anna's Polish Addiction said...

Cranberry sauce indeed! :)

Carly @ Lacquered Lover said...

Stunning combo and your background cracks me up! Gorgeous pics!

Rainbowify Me said...

Whoa, that looks really good!! :)

Dema said...

Oooh! LOVE!

beachgal said...

great combo - I have LL but not the Barielle one. and I also looooove cranberies - I eat them yr round..my freezer is full of bags of cranberries to stock up when it's close to the end of season for them...I used to only eat that jelly canned stuff when I was a kid. G-ma made her own cranberry relish. I 'thought' I did not like it - don't know now if I would like it or not (she's been gone since I was an older teen). I have a homemade cranberry orange apple spiced punch going now in the crock pot - makes the house smell amazing!