Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Who doesn't want to be a BOND BABE?

This past Spring OPI launched 6 new liquid sand colors named after iconic Bond Women.
















Today, I have "Bond Babe" swatches!

My mother is a huge fan of the James Bond movies, Sean Connery being her favorite, and I was forced to watch them all, (some with her hands over my eyes during suggestive scenes).  So when it comes to Bond, I've seen them all, repeatedly, and thus I can be quit critical.  Bond Babes should be smart, hot, skilled and not completely helpless....I mean they can not completely upstage BOND himself, LOL! :)

Of these "Babes". ...which Bond Babe is your favorite?

OPI "Solitaire"
2 coats, no top coat















An ethereal white shimmer sand with silver glitter. This polish is a keeper, and I have already used it for several nail art manicures. But the stark white sand texture, GRABS dirt and is hard to keep "white" without topcoat.

Pretty and clean, kind of like the Bond Babe herself...well at least until James got his hands on her. LOL! She was an okay gal, a bit too helpless for my taste.

Here is a pic in indirect light...














OPI "Pussy Galore"
3 coats, no top coat















It doesn't get much "pinker" than this :) This is what I call a 1950's pink, light, feminine and VERY PINK!  It has an added shimmer to it that makes the sand texture really shine. I have to admit, I am not a fan of the color, nor the name. But, I did love the Bond Babe, she was cunning, smart, feisty and awesome!

Here is a shot in indirect lighting...














OPI "Tiffany Case"
2 coats, no top coat















I love this blue, a nice sea true blue sand with added silver glitter.  I have to admit, this Bond gal is sorta forgettable for me, LOL. When I heard the name I thought, "Which one was she?"...but when I saw her picture, I immediately remembered her...not a fan.

Here is a pic in indirect lighting...














OPI "Vesper"
2 coats no top coat















I was not prepared to like this but oh how I love this vampy babe!  This is a deep purple based polish with added black sand.  I like the fact that the texture and the base are different colors. Now, I love this polish, but this Bond Babe can GO! Not a fan, not. a. fan. at. all! NOPE!

Here is a pic in indirect lighting...














Here are pics of it at 1 coat...















Still.....AWESOME!

OPI "Honey Ryder"
2 coats, no top coat
















This is a soft antiqued gold sand, brassy and pretty! Very much like the Bond Babe. She was awesome, and the entrance out of the water...ICONIC!

Here is a pic in indirect lighting...














and last but certainly not least...

OPI "Jinx"
2 coats, no top coat















OH YEAH! I am in love with this bright red coral sand polish with added golden shimmer. The Bond Babe was the same, bright and sunny, quick on her toes and when she came out of the water?...she had all the sparkle of this polish...and then some!

Here is a pic in indirect lighting...














Check out that added shimmer, AMAZING!

All of these, as do most textured polish wear very well, and tend to last longer than your standard polish.  Remember, OPI Liquid Sands are supposed be worn without top coat. But, I plan on wearing "solitaire" with a matte top coat,  just so I can keep it white :)












So, I ask you...which Bond Babe is your favorite?

Keep It Sweet!

*Product provided by PR for review.
Pin It!

5 comments:

Cindi said...

I love Solitaire and Tiffany Case. I thought I would hate the feeling of the texture on my nails but actually it feels nice and it's rough but it's smooth too and it is fun to wear and wears like iron. I liked these so much I went and got them all. I didn't like the purple one Vesper and the formula was sheer and it took 3 coats to get decent coverage. I ended up giving it to a friend. The color looked horrid on my fair skin it was sort of an eggplant color without the sparkle of the others in the collection. I rarely dislike nail polish but that one, was blecch. It had to go. I can't wait for OPI's fall collection as there are 2 new texture polishes coming out!!!

Unknown said...

@Cin O- I just received the new OPI's for Fall, and there are 3 textured colors, you will love them :)

~Elizabeth aka Lacquered Lizard said...

I like all the same colors and Bond girls as you did. Seriously.

~Elizabeth aka Lacquered Lizard said...

I like all the same colors and Bond girls as you did. Seriously.

Unknown said...

@Elizabeth- well aren't we just two peas in a pod! LOL! :)