Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Yellow Ombre Manicure

Happy Yellow day...no actually it is National Hot Dog Day today, and what's the best condiment on top of a hot dog?...MUSTARD! Well, at least that's what I like on it :)

So in honor of this day, I give you a yellow ombre manicure!





























Thumb to Pinkie:

Ilamasqua "Scorch"
China Glaze "Lemon Fizz"
China Glaze "Happy Go Lucky"
Barielle "Lemon Drops"
Essence "Sundancer"

















I tried to find a super light yellow creme in my stash that would have worked instead of the white thumb, but.... no dice! I thought Sally Hansen "Yellow Kitty" would work, but it was not light enough.

Here are all of my yellow creme colors, that I swatched to find the right shades...














As is typical of most yellow polishes, these required 3 coats to be perfectly opaque, with no bald spots!




















Happy National Hot Dog Day!

Keep it Sweet!...your life...not the hot dog, LOL! :)
Pin It!

3 comments:

Elfleidy said...

I'm jealous you need *only* 3 coats for Lemon Fizz to look that good! Great job!

Jess said...

Gosh, yellow polish is the bane of my polish existence. Cant believe you have so many that look good. Ill have to try some of them.

ABOP Laquerlove said...

What a fun mani! You make me want to try the same. Fantastic yellows!