Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A great manicure for a great wedding!

This past weekend a good friend of mine married an even better man, and I was honored to be a bridesmaid. :)

The colors were cream, burgundy, and dark red. and I about peed in my pants when the bride told me she was going to wear a dark red shellac manicure, I JUMPED for joy..*YES, a bride who embraces color...WOO HOO!!*

So no boring beige's for me or safe colors like pink and cream, I went for ...RED!!!!!!














A Zoya Red to be specific, Zoya "Sarah" was the perfect color for my dress and for the wedding bouquet.  As bridesmaids we got to pick our own dresses..WOO HOO x 2!!! Isn't the bouquet gorgeous?... and the bamboo in glass was a perfect party favor!




























Here is a pic of my "manicure station" set-up in my hotel room. Color options, base coat, 2 top coats., cuticle oil, file, pusher, clean up brush, acetone and glass holder, lotion and cuticle cream

 All the necessities for a great manicure.  I brought lots of color choices, but I knew Zoya "Sarah" was IT for me :)

















On of the other bridesmaids was a fellow "nail head", and after having our make-up done, applied Butter London base coat and 2 coats of Deborah Lippmann "Naked", followed by Butter London Top Coat...sweet!  We chatted about polish (of course), and the maid-of-honor joined in...we had a lot of fun!!!!

 Here is my Nicole Miller dress from the Nordstroms website...




































...and here I am in the dress (taking pictures of yourself in the mirror is HARD...LOL)


































Everything was great about this wedding, the couple, the colors, the people..PERFECT!!!

The bride choose 18 cakes as her centerpieces at each table, 5 different flavors, and you know I visited each table to try each cake...I was stuffed...good thing the dress had spandex in it...LOL!!!!!!
Pin It!

16 comments:

Biba said...

You look great (and very hot) in this dress! ;)

BMR said...

1. What a beautiful color. Totally appropriate for a wedding.

2. Girl, you are working that dress!!

Holly R said...

LOVE the blog!!! I'll be posting something about the wedding on my blog in the next day or two, along with a few pics.
P.S. the pics of J in the dress do not do justice. I felt like a frumpy old maid standing next to her!

Unknown said...

@Biba- Thank U!!

@BMR- Thank U, I worked out hard and sweated a ton of hours in bikram yoga to get the perfect fit :)


@Holly- You are too sweet,thank you. Our dresses matched perfectly,it was a perfect match !!!

Terni said...

You looked GORGEOUS, and you're nails weren't too bad either.

Laura @ Sawan-Heaven said...

Girl! You looked absolutely fabulous! Total siren.

Carly @ Lacquered Lover said...

Sexy! I love it!

Toyomi said...

Beautiful color and a beautiful dress . Love it ! :D

Zuckerpuppe said...

Wow!!! You look so gorgeous, this dress is awesome:) Hot, Hot, Hot:))

Emily said...

Love the nails, but love the dress even more! That cake centerpiece idea is a great one.. mmm, I bet they were awesome. Such a gorgeous weekend for a wedding too!

Katie said...

Great dress and nails! That's so cool you got to pick your dress! The cake centerpieces sound amazing.

Alyssa Valentine said...

You look great!!! :)

Crystal said...

you look stunning in the dress what a great color!

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful girl! Love the shade you picked!

deltacephei said...

That dress looks better on you than it does on the model! Work it!

Robin said...

You look soooo pretty!!!!!! Love the nail color too.