Monday, August 8, 2011

OPI Fall 2011 Touring Collection: Swatches and Reviews: Part I

  At first I did not like these colors, a lot of pinks/corals, muted tones and browns, but as soon as I swatched them, I started to see why OPI choose these shades and finishes.

Here are the first 6 colors, no top coat:

"My Address Is Hollywood"
We put this pretty rose-pink on the map.3 coats








































I had to do 3 oats with my bottle, it was a bit streaky and 3 gave me perfect coverage. This is a  true rose pink with a subtle rose shimmer. Even though I do not like pinks, I LOVE subtle shimmer. This one is "toe-worthy". :)


"Are We There Yet?"
Don’t make me reach back there and take that perfect melon shade! 3 coats









































 Yep, this one grabbed my heart as soon as I saw it on my hands.  I love this peachy-melon creme with subtle melon shimmer, another "toe-worthy" color as well .

 "I Eat Mainely Lobster!"
We “clawed” through crowds to catch this coral for you. 2 coats














 
















The name, the color, I love it all! I love corals, they lean a little pink, they lean a little peach....perfection!!! This reminds me of the creme version of "Gal meets Galveston", but a creme with ..you've guessed it ...subtle shimmer..*swoon* LOL!
 
"Color To Diner For"
I’ll take the rosy-red with a side of “awesome.”
2 coats








































 Okay, this one is a totally chameleon, in the bottle it looks like a rust toned red creme with shimmer, but on the hands, it is all red, all day long! It is a great rosy red with red shimmer.  It isn't that "sultry" red that screams "sex vixen"..LOL, but it's a great red that subtly says "Look at me!"....yeah this is a keeper!

"Honk If You Love OPI"
Don’t let this gorgeous dark grape pass you by.2 coats



























Love, Love Love, this dark grape color.  It's a dark grape creme, that totally reminds me of the jar of grape jelly" I ate when I was a kid. I can see it now, me making my own sandwich and piling the jelly on so thick, it looked exactly like this color...LOL!!! ...Deep, dark rich, but never does it look black...it's Grape-A-Licious!!!

"Road House Blues"
In this case…R&B stands for “Really Blue.”
2 coats



























 Uh Yeah, its a dark blue creme...it's GENIUS, it's AWESOME!!!! I love it, and I'm not just saying this because it's blue. :P

I seriously love this blue, it is a dark blue creme, but NOT NAVY!!! Don't get me wrong , I love navy, but this ain't NAVY..IT"S DARK BLUE and it's GORGEOUS!!!

 I can already think of some comparisons I need to do with this collection, especially with the last 2.

Any suggestions for comparisons? Let me know and I'll do them :)

Next up...the last 6!!

Touring America Nail Lacquer shades contain no DBP, Toluene, or Formaldehyde, and each includes OPI’s exclusive ProWide™ Brush for the ultimate in application.

Touring America by OPI will be available August 3, 2011, at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, JCPenney, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, and ULTA, for $8.50 ($10.95 CAN) suggested retail for each Nail Lacquer.

For more information, please call 800-341-9999 or visit www.opi.com. Follow OPI on Twitter @OPI_PRODUCTS and become a Facebook fan!


* Products provided by OPI PR for review.
Pin It!

8 comments:

Holly R said...

Welch's grape jelly!!! LOVED that stuff when I was a kid... I had a bit of peanut butter and bread with my jelly too.
I just love OPI's names. They're almost more fun than the polish!

Stephanye said...

Maybe it's because I grew up going to Hollywood and still hang out there for shows but I don't think PINK for Hollywood. But the "Honk if You Love OPI" is such a great deep purple. Grape-a-licious is right.

NY*NAIL*DIVA said...

The blue color is freakin calling me, great post!

Anonymous said...

It's so coincidental that these are my favorite 6 shades among the 12. I didn't care much for the other set. Lovely swatches!

Crystal said...

your hollywood looks so much more pink than mine, bet you have way better sunshine out there :)

rijaH said...

I bet a couple of Zoya colors it work to compare with these :)

Johanna (Paillette) said...

Beautiful!
Now I want the coral!

rijaH said...

worth* damn phone! :P