Monday, August 29, 2011

China Glaze: Skyscraper...a lemming fixed?

So like everyone else once the metro collection was released I immediately made a bee line for China Glaze skyscraper, hoping it would cur my long time lemming for Essie "Starry Starry Night'!

With some careful and strategic layering, I think I got it :)




























Here's what I used...














After my base coat, I applied:
NARS "Midnight Express" 1 coat
China Glaze "Skyscraper" 2 coats
Essie "Night Cap" 1 coat

Topped with OPI "Top Coat" and Seche Vite.














China Glaze "Sky Scraper" is a gorgeous blue jelly with silver glitter. 

Adding "Night Cap" on top made the silver glitter sparkle like twinkling blue lights, I loved it!!! and I wore this for 4 days no chips!!















See the blue twinkling lights?  :)

Here s a comparison from my earlier swatch of "Skyscraper" by itself...














And here it is layered...














The layering makes the blue deeper, and the silver glitter sparkles blue instead of silver once topped with "Night Cap".  :)

Sometimes it just take some strategic layering to get ti right..LOL! :)

What is your favorite layering color?
Pin It!

9 comments:

Beyond Blush said...

OPI's Ski Teal We Drop is my favourite colour to layer over! I Juggle...Men and Last Friday Night both look fantastic over it!

Unknown said...

@OPI Addict, that sounds gorgeous!! I'm writing that one down :)

Biba said...

Awesome! I want Skyscraper for the same reason - to somehow re-create Essie's Starry Starry Night :)

greeneyespinknails said...

This looks great! Funny thing, I did pretty much the contrary using the same polishes (Except for the Essie one): started with Skyscraper then layered Midnight express over top! It looked great but you really have to apply a very thin coat of Midnight express so you can still see the glitter underneath.
Right now I love layering China Glaze's Atlantis over any blue/green polish. Today I'm wearing it over China Glaze's Rodeo Fanatic, a beautiful teal shimmer polish.

Terni said...

i bought skyscraper on your recommendation. i have all three of these polishes, i need to try this beautiful layering combination.

Unknown said...

@greeneyespinknails@ thought of doing that but I was afraid to cover all the glitter gorgeousness too..LOL!

@Biba- Great minds think alike!

@Terni- I hope you like it :)

Inge (PolishSis) said...

Gorgeous layering :-) I never wanted Starry Starry Night, but this combination is awesome.

Alyssa Valentine said...

Very pretty layering! It adds just the right touch to make the color stand out for the best. I still have China Glaze Skyscraper on my wish list!

I love layering, but if I had to pick one choice I would say layering Kleancolor's Chunky Holo Black over any cream black polish (usually Wet n Wild Black). I love the way the glitters in the Chunky Holo Black change color from yellow to orange to green to red against the black base. I constantly stare at my nails when I wear that combo! That same polish layers pretty over white too, which bring out the blue in the glitter.

Crystal said...

I don't have starry night but i do have Jessica twilight, i am so going to layer skyscraper over road house blues great idea to layer this one!