Thursday, August 11, 2011

China Glaze Fall 2011 Metro Collection: "Uptown" Swatches

I recently bought both the "Uptown" and "Downtown" sets from China Glaze's Fall 2011 Metro Collection online, since I couldn't take the chance of not being able to find them all in stores.















First let's start with the "Uptown" Collection.

"Street Chic"
This gorgeous beige crème is the perfect go to shade letting your clothes do the talking.
2 coats

I love it! Mauve based taupe that leans more beige than taupe.  So pretty! I don't think this is a dupe of China Glaze "Channelesque", but I'd say this is definitely a "Channelesque", kissin cousin :) :)





























"Brownstone"
Burnt terracotta crème mirrors the quaint townhouses of the city
2 coats
This is a very unique color, and totally reminds me of the terracotta pots of the southwest.  This yellow based red/chocolate creme, is smooth and easy to apply.  No complaints on formula for me, and  although this may not be my favorite color from the collection, it is definitely one of the more unique colors from the collection.





























"City Siren"
The perfect deep, red crème to match any outfit.
2 coats

I love this color, a blue based deep red, that almost reminds me of "new brick".  This is an easy color to wear for "red fans" this fall. There is something very "adult" about this color. It's sophisticated, bright and wearable for fall, and I love it!!





























"Traffic Jam"
Stop traffic with a breathtaking, raspberry pink crème
2 coats

Pink creme is right! This was brighter than I expected for a fall color, but then again, there is nothing wrong with bright colors in the fall :).  This is color has a juicy quality to it, and it isn't neon or bright enough to be mistaken for a summer color.  This is definitely  a perfect shade for girly "fall hands".






























"Urban-Night"
Exactly what you need for a night on the town – rich purple crème
2 coats

Smooth purple creme.  This isn't as light  and springy as "Grape Pop" (comparison later), this is definitely more deep, yet it still isn't too deep to be mistaken for another black creme.





























"CG In The City"
Glittering dusty purple, bronze and silver multi-tonal glitter, perfect for a pop of edge from West side to East side
 3 coats

Silver and soft lilac glitter in a clear base. Not as opaque as I'd like, but still a very nice  and smooth glitter.  This would look great on top of....





























2 coats of "Urban-Night" topped with 1 coat of "CG In The City"

Great combo!, what can I say, these 2 were meant to be together!






























So, what do I think of this collection.  I love fall and I love fall colors! Although some of these colors closely mirror other collections (i.e. OPI) I still think there are enough differences to own both. :)

My favorites from this pack are "Street Chic", "Urban-Night" and "CG In The City".

Next up, the fan favorite, "Downtown"...


Pin It!

4 comments:

mrsrexy said...

I think I'm gonna love wearing so many of these in the fall!

Megan Harmeyer said...

There are a couple I love: Brownstone and Urban-Night (especially with CG in the City). I'm kinda underwhelmed with the fall collections I've seen so far.

greeneyespinknails said...

Wow Traffic Jam is way brighter than I had imagined! Very nice color though. S
treet chic is gorgeous. It looks quite a bit like Chanel's Particulière (#505).
Brownstone is also nice and seems like it's a dupe for another Chanel polish: Dragon.

Polish and Charms said...

I need to find some of these!