Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Deborah Lippmann: Get This Party Started: Swatches

I went to Nordstrom's during the anniversary sale and I ran across this lovely item, and with that darn bow and slick packaging I HAD to have it!!!














First Up..."Happy Birthday"
Clear base with multi-colored and multi-sized glitter!
1 coat









































Underneath is Barielle "Do Unto Others".  This was my NOTD, so I decided to slap on DL"s Happy Birthday to spice things up.  :) I think Happy Birthday is best in 1 coat as opposed to 2 coats, then it looks like confetti left over from a party! :)  I loved this combo so much I am wearing it on my toes! :)

"Candy Shop"
3 coats









































This has the same type of glitter as "Happy Birthday" but in a sticky sweet bubble gum pink base.  It was opaque in 2 coats, but I did 3 coats to get "layer-upon-layer" of glitter. :)

"Forget You"
3 coats








































This is my favorite!!!! I love the glitter in the black base, and this is just awesome! Next time I will use a black creme polish as my base, so that the glitter really POPS!!!




























The funny thing about this polish is ..it's named "Forget You", and I can NEVER remember the name..LOL.. Seriously, every time I see it, I draw a blank...I think the glitter has cast a spell on me :)

The formula was great on Happy Birthday, nothing unusual.  The formula on "Candy Shop" and "Forget You" are a bit thicker, but not difficult to apply, all 3 dried nicely!
 
You can still get this set on Nordstroms and on Lippmann's site.



Which is your favorite?





Pin It!

12 comments:

Cássia Cardoso said...

beautiful color
What beautiful nails
Then follows also there?
http://www.meninasligadas.com/
@ CassiaCardoso
=^.^=

Stephanye said...

My favorite has to be Forget You. Black jelly and multicolor glitter. So pretty. I also really like your layer manicure with Happy Birthday and Barielle. I'm rocking Confetti Tazmanian Devil and Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow. So a low end version of your manicure. Posting pictures later in the week.

Unknown said...

@Stephanye-Thank You and your confetti combo sounds good!!!

Unknown said...

I already have HB but I want the other 2 they looks so yummy! Now that you tried Candy Shop do you like it? :)

Unknown said...

@rmcandelight- Not really...LOL!

Carly @ Lacquered Lover said...

I still like to think I convinced you to buy this hahaha. I LOVE Forget You! I've worn it twice since I swatched it! It's so pretty!

Unknown said...

@Carly- Yep, I blame you..LOL :) Did you do a black base with "forget you"?

Cristina - PeeBeforePolish said...

I'm really in love with these polishes. Why, why aren't they available in Italy? :(

Sandra said...

They're all so beautiful! I want these. :D

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Candy Shop on you! YUM!

My fave of the 3 is still the original, Happy Birthday!

Katie said...

Love your combo with Happy Birthday! Forget You and Candy Shop look amazing!

Inge (PolishSis) said...

These are soooooo gorgeous and they look amazing on you, especially the black one. That one must have been made with you in mind <3

LOL @ you keep forgetting the name of the polish and having a blank each time you check the bottle for it. I have that all the time! When I started blogging I knew all my polishes bij name, now I really can't remember half of them :-)