Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Dots Dots, and More Dots!

Hey there, today I have a super cute and groovy manicure I did a couple weeks ago. I was watching the Olympics and felt inspired by the crazy color combinations of the gymnast uniforms, so I came up with this.



























"Essie: Bikini So Teeny", Rimmel "Sunshine" (received in Int'l swap), and Orly "Old School Orange".














First I applied a base coat, then I painted the corner tip yellow, topped it with a smaller triangle of orange and then the blue.  Then I added dots of varying sizes starting from the yellow triangle up, and so on with the orange, and then the blue. That's it!!! :)



























Essie Bikini so teeny is a great bright cornflower blue creme, with the tiniest sparkle in it. You can see it better in the bottle than on the nail, but if you look close on the nail, you can spot a sparkle or two :) It took 2 coats to be opaque, no application issues.

 It was released this summer by Essie. Normally Essie and I DO NOT get along, but this color, and many others from their newer releases are winners in my book!






















































Keep It Sweet!

Pin It!

15 comments:

Unknown said...


This is amazing! I love it!

Unknown said...

@Constantina- Thank You! ;)

Unknown said...

This is super cute! My friend Lisa had on Teeny Bikini last week on her toes- I'm growing to love that color....

Tini said...

Loe Essie Bikini So Teeny...one of my favorites blues! Nice mani!

Tintin said...

Bikini So Teeny is so pretty and I love the accent nail so adorable

Nailmattic said...

A friend of mine has been looking for this color, now I see why!!!

NailsLikeLace said...

This is really cute! These all work together so well! I especially love that blue!

Tropicalnailart.blogspot.com said...

So, So pretty!
I love this combinatin of colors on you.

B.Stone said...

Ooh, I love the dots on the clear nail. Looks good!

Nanabeams said...

Oh that WoW raid was really funny!! xD Love the nails :)

Unknown said...

Thank You everyone :)

Unknown said...

I love Bikini so Teeny! What a gorgeous color. The accent nail is adorable too!!! Kinda reminds me of a rubber ducky in a tub!

Anonymous said...

this really does remind me of some of the gymnast uniforms :D

Polished Potential said...

Wow, I wouldn't think to put those colors together, but it turned out really cool! Love it!

Stamping Nut! said...

i LOVE THIS! That blue is so nice and color combo is awesome!