Monday, August 27, 2012

Manicure for a 70's Party: Keep it Funky Ya'll!

Hey there and happy Monday! I hope everyone had a good weekend. Today I am going to show you a super easy manicure I did for a 70's party I went to last weekend.

There are the colors I used...














Color Club "Take the stage", Orly "Luxe", OPI "Dutch'ya just love OPI?", OPI "Red Lights Ahead...Where?", OPI "Hot and Spicy", OPI "Black Onyx", and OPI Alpine Snow Matte"

Crazy colors you say? well check out the outfit...































Groovy polyester jumpsuit, AWESOME!!! I sewed on the glitter around the waist and then made a very cool headband to match:)














I planned on mimicking the design on each nail, but I ran out of time, so I did a quicker manicure and kept it simple.  2 coats of each color for each nail. 1 coat of Orly "Luxe" for the gold nail topped with the Color Club glitter,  to give it sparkle. :)



 For the pattern nail, I did 1 coat of Alpine Snow, then I free handed with a brush a very scattered pattern, that was similar to the jumpsuit using the individual colors. I finished it off with some random black dots and that was it. Topped it with Seche Vite and ran out the door, LITERALLY!!!! :)



























Here is how the entire outfit cam together. I look drunk, but I'm not...at least not yet, LOL!!!!The party was a blast, can't wait to figure out next years outfit.:)


















Best wig EVER!!! Keep it groovy and keep it sweet!!!!


Pin It!

9 comments:

Sasha said...

LOVE it! You are just gorgeous and what a fun look you put together!

Unknown said...

@Sasha- Thank You, I love to dress up for this party every year!

Unknown said...

I love it! Love the manicure and the jumpsuit, and you look wonderful! Also I really like the glitter you stiched on and the headband, so cute! :D

Unknown said...

Love the outfit, the nails, looking good Jackie! :D

nail a college drop out said...

you and your nails look great jackie! you go girl!

Tintin said...

you look adorable and your nails are perfect for the outfit

natalsie said...

You look amazing in that! And I love that you didn't just do one colour to match the outfit)))

Mz Manicure said...

Beyond awesome mani to go with a beyond awesome outfit. :D

Refined and Polished said...

This is too cute! That wig...YESSSS!