Monday, August 13, 2012

OPI Germany Collection Fall/Winter 2012: Swatches and Review

Okay, I'll keep the words short since I'm showing the entire collection, and this will be picture heavy!

First up, the cremes...














"Don't Pretzel My Buttons"
2 coats, no top coat



























A very pretty peach flavored beige cream. Not unique, but pretty! :)


"My Very First Knockwurst"
2 coats, no top coat



























Pink beige creme. Not my kind of color, but I have a couple readers ad friends who love these kinds of shades.


"Berlin There Done That"
2 coats, no top coat



























Pretty taupe, so pretty! But I have several taupe's that are close to this one, but I still love it!

Nein! Nein! Nein! OK Fine!
2 coats, no top coat



























Gorgeous deep black olive creme. Love, love love this name and this color!

"Don't Talk Bach To Me"
3 coats, no top coat



























Dijon anyone? Yep, this is a shimmery Dijon mustard colored creme. It took 3 coats too cover up the bald spots, but still pretty, almost neon :)

"Schnapps Out Of It"
2 coats, no top coat



























Terracotta rose colored shimmer. It's very pretty on the nails, but not my kind of color, almost too rosy for me :)

The shimmers...














"Deutsch You Want Me Baby?"
 2 coats, no top coat



























Oh yeah! Deep orange-red shimmer.  :)  This one is my favorite, LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!


"Danke-Shiny Red"
2 coats, no top coat



























Very pretty deep red shimmer, not so deep it would be mistaken for wine, but deep enough to still be called red. Love it!

"German-icure By OPI"
2 coats, no top coat



























Vampy wine shimmer, perfect for fall. :)

"Every Month Is Oktoberfest"
2 coats, no top coat



























Oh yeah, who says "yum for plum", LOL...I'm a dork. This one is amazing on the nail. Blue tinted plum shimmer, it's deep , it's dark , it's super saturated with color, it's perfect for FALL!!!!

"Suzi & The 7 Dusseldorfs"
2 coats, no top coat



























Bright purple shimmer, pretty and purplicious for fall.

"Unfor-Greta-Bly Blue"
 2 coats, no top coat



























I really like this blue, it's not your ordinary medium blue shimmer, it has a steely gray tone to it that does not make it teal blue, but definitely makes it different. :)

Whew! I'm exhausted.  All of these had a great smooth texture and application was perfect i 2 coats, except for "Don't Talk Bach To Me", which was a tricky , as most yellows are, and needed 3 coats to cover up some bald spots. Every OPI collection improves on it's polish formula, it gets more creamy and gel like with every release, nice job!.

Although most of the colors are nothing new or unique, there are a couple that are definite winners for me, "Every Month Is Oktoberfest", "German-icure By OPI", "Deutsch You Want Me Baby?" and Nein! Nein! Nein! OK Fine!.


Germany by OPI is available NOW,  at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, JCPenney, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, and ULTA, for $8.50 ($9.95 CAN) suggested retail for each Nail Lacquer. 

            For more information, please call 800-341-9999 or visit www.opi.com. Follow OPI on Twitter @OPI_PRODUCTS and become a Facebook fan!

*Product sent by PR
Pin It!

8 comments:

Jacqui of The Scholarly Nail said...

Great swatches! I wasn't too impressed by this collection at first but the more swatches I see, the more I think I might need them all!

Unknown said...

@Jacqui- Thank U! Some are "definite must haves" for any nail polish lover :)

Ashley said...

O lord I'm gonna go broke. "A small donation for your local polish-lovers society, ma'am?"

Lusty For Lacquer said...

Sigh...I just bought 9 of them and now I wanna go back and get the last 3 I need.

beachgal said...

I bought the red and rusty orange. Don't have 'em yet - was cheaper to buy via mail than drive the 120 miles to the closest store to me that sells OPI. I thought the blue in this collection was just one more blue metallic and I have a ton of 'em with of course my favs among some that are so so. I also could not wear Schnaps - also I know the yellow would look horrible on me. The 2 light ones easy to leave behind for me - have a ton of 'em - ditto the Nein and the taupe - again have like ones. I like the collection over all and cannot decide between the 2 vampy ones Oct and Germ....and Suzi and the 7...do we not have one from ChG that is super close to this one? I think there are some good shades here - esp for folks who have not been collecting as long as I have been...I am super looking forward to the 007 collection from the swatches on nail forms I have seen - seems the best ones I have seen are on mbeauty.

Carly @ Lacquered Lover said...

GORGEOUS swatches! I still need to swatch mine but you just motivated me to do it because some of these are beautiful!

K @ Karines Vernis Club said...

berlin there done that is a must have for me I love taupe it goes so well with my skin tone

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone and I agree, there is a color in this collection for everyone to love. :)