Friday, April 11, 2014

Nicole by OPI Roughles Collection, swatches and review

If you love textured polishes, then you will love these new ones from Nicole by OPI.















Roughles or "Ruffles" as the gals are calling them are HERE! I know everyone has been searching for these everywhere, so if you see them and you like them, buy them!

I've heard they have been spotted at Walmart and CVS, but usually the displays are so small that they are emptied rather quickly. :(

Let's begin...

Nicole by OPI "Sand In My Shoe"
2 coats, no top coat
















This is a sunny yellow textured creme with tiny specks of orange. This is bright and pretty, easy to wear and applied well in 2 coats.

Nicole by OPI "I'm Stucco On You"
2 coats, no top coat
















This is a favorite for me. This is a bright lilac purple with specks of reddish purple and blue in the polish. At 2 coats, it is my favorite!

Nicole by OPI "On What Grounds?"
2 coats, no top coat
















I sooo wanted to love this, but nope, I don't!  Bright turquoise textured base with blue and grey specks. Went on well in 2 coats, no complaints about that, just something about the color and the texture on my hands, does not "do it" for me :( I also wish he specks were more prominent :(

Nicole by OPI "Rock the Look"
2 coats, no top coat
















A pale bubble gum pink with reddish orange and soft grey specks. I actually like this one, it reminds me of a fresh strawberry shake. :) 2 coats and it was perfect!

Overall, I'm 50/50 about this collection. I love the texture with the added specks...love! But, the colors mixed with the texture don't always work for me, and they seem to fall FLAT. The application was great, and the dry time was a bit longer than the usual texture dry time, but besides that, it was just "meh" with me.

I think I will try them with one coat of top coat, to help the colors POP.  Maybe I'll love them all then :)
My favorites are the purple and the pink, those win for me!

Have you found these in the stores? Which stores?

Keep It Sweet!

*Product sent by PR for review
Pin It!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't make up my mind on these but I know I don't like them enough to buy them. They are interesting for sure though!