Friday, May 9, 2014

Zoya Spring 2014 Awaken Collection: Swatches and Review

Yep, Zoya keeps giving us serious pastel perfection every Spring, and this years crop is mix of cremes, frost, metallic shimmers, and a fun glitter topper! Are you ready?











Zoya "Dot"
3 coats, no top coat



















Okay...you know the drill I do not like pastel pinks, BUT this is actually sort of "soft and endearing", like a pretty pillow of cotton candy...which I love by the way, LOL!

"Dot" is a light pink creme...emphasis on light! The application was difficult and I needed three THICK coats to prevent bald spots and streaking.  It's pretty....a pretty P.I.T.A. :)

Zoya "Cole"
3 coats, no top coat



















"Cole" is a cream soft peach creme. It reminds me of sherbet. :)  It is gorgeous on, but it too was a P.I.T.A. to apply. Three coats did the trick, but it was not pretty, LOL!

Zoya "Hudson"
2 coats, no top coat


















"Hudson" is a lilac metallic shimmer, gorgeous on the hand and easy to apply! I love the way this color POPS and still looks Spring like :)

Zoya "Dillon"
2 coats, no top coat


















This is the mint version of "Hudson". "Dillon" is a mint metallic shimmer. Another beautiful color, and this too is perfect for Spring.  Perfect application in two coats. I applied thin coats because I was afraid this would give me issues, but it was fine. :)

Zoya "Rebel"
2 coats, no top coat



















"Rebel" is a robin egg blue metallic shimmer. Perfect application in two coats, and I honestly love this color on my hands.   Bright and cheery!

Zoya "Brooklyn"
2 coats, no top coat




















No, no, no, I can not express how much I DISLIKE this polish...NO! The color is not my favorite, the metallic finish in this color leaves a TON of brushstrokes behind, simply put this is a FROST POLISH from H**L!...NO! The only good thing I can say is..it was opaque in 2 coats.

Now for the glitter topper

Zoya "Monet"
1 coat over "Dot"


















"Monet"  is a holographic topper in an array of pastel hues.

This is a fun topper, it applied well for a glitter topper.  It was thick, but I had no issues nor did I have to go "glitter fishing", LOL.  I think I'd like to try this over "Cole" or maybe over a white polish in the winter :)  Here are some pics in indirect lighting...
















Okay, so my picks are "Dillon", "Hudson" and "Rebel", and of course "Cole".  I was prepared not to like this collection, but I really like 3 out of 7, so that's a win win!

Zoya's Awaken Collection is available at Zoya.com. Each polish retails for $9.00

*Product sent by PR for review
Pin It!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

uhm.... Brooklyn and Dillon are my favorites ;) I have a weakness for frosts lol. did you give it a good roll between the palms of your hands before applying?

Ananka said...

I think they all look nice. Rebel looks amazing :-)

Unknown said...

@Crystal- NO I did not roll it. I'll try that next time, before I decide to give it away, LOL! Thanks for the tip :)

@Ananka- Thanks :)

thegirlwho said...

love Rebel! Cole and Hudson are also beautiful, but that blue is spectacular! Thanks for sharing!