Monday, June 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Prince!

My "Purple Rain" Manicure

Today is the day that Prince Rogers Nelson was born and so was my love for him and his music.

So of course I did a special mani for my baby.

I used Catrice "Poison me, poison you!", which I acquired recently in an international swap and China Glaze Millennium.
















I used two coats of Catrice and two coats of the Millennium.  I then topped the Millennium with a  coat of Orly Bonder so that I did not get drag when I painted the symbol.

Then topped them all with 1 coat of Poshe Fast drying top coat.

















Catrice is a deep yet bright eggplant purple  with micro fine blue and red shimmer.  It's so nice,  and applied nicely and was opaque in 1 coat, but I did two.

I like the fact that its a dark purple, but can never be mistaken for black. Very regal. Very Prince-like...LOL

I Love Prince!

What musical artist is your favorite?
Pin It!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg you are killin me with this mani. I neeeeed that purple! and now I'm off to liste to gett off. Love me some prince

Unknown said...

Yes, this purple is HOTTT!

Audrey said...

OMG!! That Catrice is HAWT! HAWT! HAWT! on your perfect mani!! Makes me wanna go paint my nails purple now - prince and I both share the same birth date!! He may be older, but I hink I'm taller!! :-)

www.levernischocolat.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

@Audrey- I'm sure you are taller..when he has his heels off.....LMAO! Happy Birthday GIRL!

Rebie said...

I love it, I love purple anyway but this one makes me wanne make a trip to belgium to buy some

ABOP Laquerlove said...

I love your mani for this! Now if only Konad could come up with a plate that had this symbol... Seriously someone should start making licensed plates... sports teams, movies... music... food (yes, I'd love a burger and fries as a stamp)... okay, I'm getting carried away.

Unknown said...

@ABOP- That is a great idea, I would buy a prince symbol, Yankee logo etc. Especially the burgers and fries! YUM!

Stephanie Merlin said...

That's a great mani. That purple is perfect. It suits Prince well.

amusedPolish said...

you really rock this polish :D

- said...

They should have called it "Purple Rain"!!! Let's call it that way for the occasion (purple suits you really well by the way) - I dig the Love symbol on your nail! I love it when mani are related to the music we love. <3

Unknown said...

@amused- Thank, I really love this color

@jellynat- Yes, lets call it "Purple Rain for the day :)

The Phalanges Friend said...

Omg, I love this mani! The symbol and shade of purple are gorg!

And it's really funny, because I'm wearing Nubar's Purple Rain today. Ahahaa!

Unknown said...

@ Chaos- Awesome! Today is definitely a purple day!

Rebecca said...

Totally didn't know it was Prince's birthday! I love his music, my favourite song is Raspberry Beret <3

Unknown said...

@ Rebecca- Nice choice! My favorite changes all the time, I guess my all time favorite is "If I was your girlfriend"

Recalcitrant Nails said...

Love that dedication mani. You nailed it with saying the color is regal. I'm waiting for this polish to arrive in a recent international swap I did, can't wait.

Unknown said...

@ Lacquerware- You are going to love this color! In the sunlight the red undertones come out..gorgeous!

Perles & Paillettes said...

I have this color and looove it :) You did a great design !
I'm not a huge fan of Prince but I like what he does :) My fave artist is Muse ^^

Witoxicity said...

What a great tribute to Prince! I love his music too. Such a talent! That's such a gorgeous purple (totally in love!) and it's so nice to see a dark purple that doesn't look black. :D