Friday, February 18, 2011

Claires: Poison Apple

Happy Friday......I couldn't get my hands on MAC "Bad Fairy", but I did get my hands on Claire's "Poison Apple".  Unfortunately it is not a dupe of "Bad Fairy", BUT it isn't half bad.

Claire's "Poison Apple"
3 coats



In the shade
















The color really does remind me of a dark juicy red apple that has an awesome dark orange foil finish.  I really like this color.  The formula is a bit watery and thin, but it layered nicely and was opaque in 2 coats.  I did 3 coats to see if I could get more depth out of the color, and I did :)


Can you see the flash of "foil duo-chrome" fabulousness?? :)















Only in in-direct sunlight does this polish really shine, it's awesome in indoor lighting...how often can you say that about a polish. :)

So, if you happen to be by a Claire's I'd definitely pick this baby up, its worth it, especially when Claire's has their "But One Get One Half Off" sales :)
Pin It!

16 comments:

Une Ruxi à Paris said...

It is so amazing!!

Tirnaklar Fora said...

wonderfull :D

Elena Rudaya said...

Stunning color!

Unknown said...

@Everyone- Thanks :), I think it's in it's own category...gorgeous! :P

Cali369 said...

It might not be a dupe but it's still an amazing colour - thumbs up!

AllThingsNails! said...

Hey Missy! So glad you reviewed this one. I have it but have yet to wear it... It looks so nice and it's a relief to know that it's not a dupe of Bad Fairy . :)

hermetic said...

it looks a lot like bad fairy, not my type of color but I love seeing it one others, especially warm toned. on me I think it would not look so good

Enamel Girl said...

that's beautiful!

Sharon said...

Oh, this polish looks fabulous!

Nail Noir said...

I think I'll be making a trip to the mall tomorrow. I had no idea Claire's had such great polishes. This shade is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I keep thinking it's called Bad Apple. LOL (combo of Bad Fairy and Poison Apple).

You nailed it! said...

pretty pretty!

Rory said...

Love this! I'm going to have to head to the mall and see if Claire's still has it!

Iris @ pimpmynailz.com said...

SO sad they dont have this one in our Claires, it looks amazing on you. I'll keep stalking Claires though! You never know ;)

Fer (The Nail Experiment) said...

I love the colour but I've had horrible experiences with claire's. They always peel off completely in 2 days! do you get the same reaction?

Sarah B. said...

Gorgeous and yummy!