Wednesday, February 19, 2014

OPI and Gwen!

OPI partnered with Gwen Stefani to bring us some amazing new finishes and fun nail art pieces from Swarovski!






















Cool new finishes, and crystals, studs and stones...OH MY!  Let's start with Gwen's signature color...

OPI "Over & Over A-Gwen"
2 coats, no top coat
















Nothing says "Gwen" like RED!  She is known for her signature red lips and now she brings that same FLASH of color to our nails!I love this red!









The signature red literally has her signature on it! It applies like buttah, no application issues and is perfect in 2 coats.  It comes in a set with nail glue, and Swarovski elements in crystals, studs, bars and squares!














Because my nails are on the shorter side now, I decided to use one of the bars with 2 of the studs...a cool double headed exclamation point :) I didn't use the glue, I just popped them on my "sticky" nails and that was it.  After I was done with both hands I topped it with top coat. :)

OPI "Push and Shove"
2 coats, no top coat



























"Push and Shove" is a silver mirror polish, and is worth the high maintenance application  hassle. . You have to use the base coat "Lay Down that Base" to get a smooth application.  I applied one coat of "Lay Down that Base", and then 2 coats of "Push and Shove".  I applied my coats very gently, and did not go over any areas I already polished. 1 stroke at a time, 2-3 strokes total for the nail and once the nail is covered...LET IT DRY!

After it looks dry, you can apply another coat using the same techniques.  Use a gentle hand! :)

The instructions say to not apply top coat, but I tested out two of my favorite top coats to see what would happen.














Seche Vite and OPI "Top Coat"...














Left to Right: Seche Vite, Seche Vite, OPI Top Coat, OPI Top Coat.














Left to Right: Seche Vite, Seche Vite, OPI Top Coat, OPI Top Coat.














Left to Right: Seche Vite, and OPI Top Coat.

Some say there is "dulling" when you apply top coat, but what dulling you see, goes away once the nail is perfectly dry, in my opinion!  In fact, I currently have this polish on my TOES, with a coat of OPI "Top Coat" and one coat of "Seche Vite", and I have been chip free for 2 weeks.









Left: No top coat.  Right: with Seche VIte and OPI "Top Coat"

So if you like this color and finish as much as I do, then I suggest you toss the instructions and apply one of these top coats.

OPI "In True Stefani Fashion"
2 coats, no top coat
















This is a clear base topper with holographic and silver glitter in it. Nice coverage in 2 coats, but it is meant to be a glitter top coat over the solid colors, so I decided to try them over the remaining colors in the collection...



















I did one coat of color, and then topped each of them with one coat of glitter. I like it over the gold the best!

OPI "4 in the Morning"
2 coats, no top coat
















I want to love this, but it's hard!  I love the finish, the smooth satin finish is amazing and reminds me of  the smooth black pebbles you find on a river bed.  This  color is very cool, charcoal with micro-shimmer, amazing, but application was hard for me, and I couldn't get rid of that darn bald spot on my index finger!

Plus, if you want to wear this polish showing the cool finish, you have to forgo top coat, which means this manicure would not last past 1 day (on me). If you try to top this with top coat, and then a matte top coat, you would get longer wear, but lose the cool satin finish :(

OPI "Hey Baby"
2 coats, no top coat
















A bubble gum pink creme, applied well in two coats...That's it!

OPI "I Sing In Color"
2 coats, no top coat
















This is a gorgeous super shiny vamp creme! It rides the line between a vampy red, and a deep dark chocolate, I love it!  Applied like a dream, 2 coats, no issues!

OPI "Love.Angel.Music.Baby"
2 coats, no top coat

















 This is a soft gold shimmer with a satin finish. Gorgeous!  I really like this color and finish together,BUT, like the other satin polish, it is difficult to achieve this finish and get lasting wear (without top coat) :(

Overall, I love "Push and Shove", "I Sing In Color", and " "Love.Angel.Music.Baby" and of course "Over & Over A-Gwen".  This collection doesn't have as many unique colors as previous collections, but it makes up for that in unique finishes and appliques! :)

Keep It Sweet!

 Gwen Stefani by OPI includes the following seven limited edition nail lacquers: Hey BabyI Sing in Color,Love.Angel.Music.Baby.4 in the MorningIn True Stefani FashionPush and Shove* and Over & Over A-Gwen**.
Gwen Stefani by OPI nail lacquers contain no DBP, Toluene, or Formaldehyde, and feature OPI’s exclusive ProWide Brush for the ultimate in application. This promotion will be available at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, JCPenney, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, and ULTA, for  $9.00 ($10.95 CAN) suggested retail for each nail lacquer. The boxed set including Over & Over A-Gwen and SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS will retail for $14.95 ($18.95 CAN).
For more information, please call 800-341-9999 or visit www.opi.com. Follow OPI on Twitter @OPI_PRODUCTS and become a Facebook fan!

*Must be worn with Lay Down that Base, which is complimentary when purchasing Push and Shove
**Sold only in a boxed set including SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS

*Product provided by PR for review

Pin It!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the great swatches!
I thought I wouldn't like it, but you made me curious about 4 In The Morning. Thanks!

Amara said...

i'm so in love with this collection. your review on the chrome one may make me go and get it!
for new years i wore the gold with the glitter as an ombre and got SO many compliments on it! it was so pretty!