Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Essence "Vampire's Love"

Today I have 2 colors from this collection.  I received them in a recent international swap as extras.  Yes, I said extras, boy was I happy to get my hooks into these babies!

Released in the Fall of 2011, these polishes made a big splash on the polish scene, not only because the colors were gorgeous, but with all of the vampire movies and shows, the title garnered much praise. :)














"Gold Old Buffy"
2 coats, no top coat








































Definitely an old gold green with a lot of dark gold shimmer. I've seen the swatches of this collection and this is the standout in the collection, by far.  The formula was good, and I had no issues, applied nicely in 2 coats.

It looks similar to L'Oreal "Owl's Night" (below) ...



But "Owl's Night" is lacking the vampy quality that "Old Gold Buffy" has. Plus "Old Gold Buffy" has a darker base and the gold flakes are much larger, but both are stunning!

"Into The Dark"
2 coats, no top coat








































Dusty grey blue sparkler. So pretty, seriously, very pretty! The formula was easy to apply, and almost perfect in 1 coat, but 2 was necessary to prevent bald spots :)

I'm glad I received these 2 colors in the swap, they happened to be my favorites from this collection.

Now that February is coming to an end..bring on the greens of March, baby!
Pin It!

No comments: