Friday, January 25, 2013

Mariah Carey by OPI Collection 2013

Yep, so OPI partnered with Mariah Carey to bring us 8 new shades. Let the fun begin...






















"A Butterfly Moment"
2 coats, no top coat



























Light rose pink frost polish, is....frosty! LOL! I'm not a fan of frost polishes, and for a "frosty", this applied with very little brush strokes and was easy to apply.

"Sprung"
2 coats, no top coat














Not enough color saturation for 2 coats, so I did 3 in the next set of pics.

"Sprung"
3 coats, no top coat



























Gorgeous copper shimmer, and it definitely POPS with 3 coats.  Easy to apply, and dried in the usual OPI time. Dried to a smooth finish. :)

"Pink yet Lavender"
2 coats no top coat


























Large pink hexagon glitter with added lavender micro-glitter. Easy to apply, and I got a lot of glitter on the nail with just 2 coats, but this definitely needs to have a base color.

Here it is in indirect light.



"Anti-bleak"
2 coats, no top coat



























A pretty "red based" purple creme. Nothing unique, just pretty.

Here it is topped with "Pink yet Lavender".








































Here it is in indirect light.














"Stay the Night"
2 coats, no top coat








































These pics were after 20 minutes.

I love this color. Black sand textured polish with red glitter, GORGEOUS! This is vampy and edgy, and still sparkles magnificently. Looks like I found a new OPI favorite! :)

Here it is in indirect light.



























Here are some pics after 2 days :) (I also cut my nails down, too)



























Some tip wear, but no chips, and the polish becomes more matte over time with some of the red glitter bits, turning silver over time. I'm sure it's just the red color rubbing off of the glitter, no biggie :)

Now I love it even more!

"Get Your Number"
3 coats, no top coat (20 minute dry time)



























Sheer blue jelly matte sand textured polish with holographic glitter.  This is a gorgeous blue, but the visible nail line after 3 coats, bothers me.

Here it is in indirect light.













I think I may like this better if I apply another color as a base color, visible nail line sucks, LOL! :)

"Can't Let Go"
2 coats, no top coat (20 minute dry time)



























Here it is in indirect light.



Grape pop purple sand textured matte polish with light purple glitter.  I actually like this one, it is bright and fun :)

"The Impossible"
3 coats, no top coat (20 minute dry time)

Yes, this one was a bit of a disappointment, and if you can't ell I did manage to get some stars on 2 nails

Matte sand textured fuchsia polish, with hot pink glitter and STARS!

You can almost see one on my pinkie, LOL! Seriously I do not like fishing as a sport and I certainly do not like "fishing" for glitter :)

Here it is in indirect light.

The other star can be seen here, inn the last nail on the right (top right), it is barely visible. :)

I did not put top coat on the "Sand" polishes since they are supposed to be worn without it. Overall, I love the sand colors, and I like how new and edgy they are. From the first 4 colors , the only one I like is "Sprung", it is a gorgeous copper color. 

 Mariah Carey by OPI nail lacquers contain no DBP, Toluene, or Formaldehyde, and feature OPI’s exclusive ProWide Brush for the ultimate in application. This promotion will be available beginning January 2013 at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, JCPenney, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, and ULTA, for  $9.00 ($10.95 CAN) suggested retail for each nail lacquer.
For more information, please call 800-341-9999 or visit www.opi.com. Follow OPI on Twitter @OPI_PRODUCTS and become a Facebook fan!

*Product sent by PR.

Pin It!

3 comments:

Malo Prase said...

Sprung is my favorite!

Robbi said...

Hi Jackie, I've nominated you for an award @ http://peacelovenhair.blogspot.com/2013/01/thanking-academy-liebster.html

Unknown said...

@Robbi- Thank You