Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Urban Outfitters "Mystic"

While I was hunting down the holographic polishes at my local Urban Outfitters, I saw this gem in the box and realized that it was a possible dupe of Deborah Lippmann's "Ray of Light".



























I love Lippmann nail colors, and had planned on getting a bottle of "Ray of Light", but if this is close to it...then maybe I can save a few bucks, LOL!  The UO version was 2 bottles for $8. ( I also grabbed "Sea Dust", which is a dupe for DL "Mermaids Dream"), so for $4 it was worth a shot...

So you know that saying.."You get what you paid for"...Yeah I did!
































CHIPS, CHIPS, CHIPS!   Yes, all these lovelies appeared not 8 hours after application. I applied my polish that night, and after my usual morning shower and getting ready for work, I had all of these waiting for me to start my day :)

Now...I tolerate bumpy gritty glitters, and having to apply a 5 top coats, I tolerate, thin polishes and having to apply a million coats to get it opaque, BUT I DO NOT entertain the idea of CHIPS! AAHHHHHHHH!

Now I still may keep this polish, I'll give it 1 more chance, and here's why...








































So freaking pretty! :) The first coat was a bit watery and wanted to pool around my cuticles  so had to apply it very slowly. After the first coat dried to a matte finish, I followed up with 2 more coats and they went on much easier than the first. :)






























Urban Outfitters "Mystic" is an indigo jelly base with iridescent cooper and green flakies. This is 3 coats over 1 coat of OPI Nail Envy and topped with my usual 2 coats of top coat.  :)


Urban Outfitters "Mystic" is an indigo jelly base with iridescent cooper and green flakies. This is 3 coats over 1 coat of OPI Nail Envy and topped with my usual 2 coats of top coat.  :)

Here are some shots in indirect light.








































Yes, it is only because of my love for blues and these pics, that I will give this polish 1 more try. I'll use Orly "Bonder" as my base next time and if I get 1 chip in 24 hours, I'm swappin this bad boy OUT!

Keep It Sweet!
Pin It!

6 comments:

Essie Rae said...

It is beautiful. Too bad it chipped to quickly:(

Unknown said...

@Essie Rae iHeartPrettyPolish- Yes, it is a shame, but I'll give it one more good try, LOL! :) Thanks for commenting :)

Dema said...

Besides the holos, I got this one and Sea Dust too! I haven't worn them yet though.

nail a college drop out said...

i bought his last week. still havent tried it yet.

Kas said...

I actually bought this for my friend for Christmas! It looks great! It will probably chip off my friend too. But everything chips on her :P

Unknown said...

Try layering it over another color to see if it will improve wear time! I just ended up buying the Deborah Lippmann because there's a code for $10 off your first HSN order, so I got Ray of Light for $8.