Tuesday, June 5, 2012

China Glaze Prismatic Chroma Glitters Collection Spring 2012: Swatches

Hello there, yesterday I had the Wet N Wild "Coloricon Be Jeweled" Collection, and today I have their "kissin cousin" the China Glaze "Prismatics"!














Quick Note: I swapped with other gals for all the bottles, except for "Liquid Crystal"  (on the far left), which I purchased at ULTA, after getting the others. It kinda sucks that these were released with 2 different bottle caps, but in the end, I got them all, LOL! :)

China Glaze
"Liquid Crystal"
2 coats, no top coat



























In indirect light...



























My favorite! Opaque in 2 coats, bright baby blue holographic glitter, with pieces of mutli-colored glitter. This lovely flashes bright purple in the right light and in the shade, very nice!

China Glaze
"Prism"
2 coats, no top coat
















In indirect light...








































Purple holographic glitter with multi-colored additional glitter. Although there are strong blue undertones in the base glitter, the little flashes of pink are the winner!

China Glaze
"Ray-Diant"
2 coats, no top coat



























In indirect light...



























This one is interesting, it starts off as a very light lime green/gold colored glitter, but in the shade it springs forward as a golden lemon green. Gorgeous! I like this one!

China Glaze
"Full Spectrum"
 2 coats, no top coat



























In indirect light...



























This one is cool, baby pink glitter with multi-colored glitter.  This beauty slightly flashes magenta and I have to admit, even though it is uber thin, this one is way, way better in the shade/ indirect light, not bad!

China Glaze
"Optical Illusion"
2 coats, no top coat



























In indirect light...



























Second favorite! Aqua green holographic glitter with mutli-colored glitter. This is very cool and in indirect light looks more apple green than aqua green. In the light, there are slight flashes of teal blue and purple, very pretty! If I were a mermaid or a fish this is what I'd want my scales to look like!

and last but not least...

China Glaze
"Polarized"
2 coats, no top coat



























In indirect light...



























Silver glitter with multi-colored glitter.  This has no flash, no fan fare but still, very pretty!

All the glitter dried to a "bumpy shine", but to get these "glass smooth" you will need a thick coat of top coat. These definitely dry smoother than your average glitter, so they are way better at being smoothed out. :)

They all were easy to apply and went on smoothly, not like the usual glitter mess that is bumpy and thick! Also these polishes do not have a strong duo-chrome" effect like the Wet n Wilds, not strong flashes of color, just mild flickers. :) Overall grab my favorites "Optical Illusion",  and "Liquid Crystal", those are true winners!

Stay tuned, tomorrow is the show down between the Wet n Wild "Coloricons" and the China Glaze "Prismatics".

Keep It Sweet!


Pin It!

7 comments:

Marisa said...

You are actually making me regret that I passed on these!!! Liquid Crystal is so pretty.

AmandaDF said...

These are the best swatches of this collection I've seen- I haven't been able to find swatches that show off the color changing. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

@MariJo- Im sure you can still find them thru other nail gals for swaps :)

@AmandaDF- Thank You for commenting! and thanks for the compliment! :)

ZooeyG said...

Did you happen to wear any of these for a longer period of time? I tried Prism but could not keep it on my nails for more than a few hours without giant chips coming off. That's with using OPI's chip skip, basecoat, and topcoat. For one nail the entire nail came off. I'm hoping I just did something terribly wrong b/c the color was fantastic!

Unknown said...

@ZooeyG- Yes, I wore one for 3 days, no real issues. Here's my trick witch most glitters. I always use Orly Bonder over my usual base coat treatment. I only apply 2 coats of the glitter, then I top with a regular (not quick fast top coat), I use OPI top coat, and then I use Seche Vite top coat or any quick fast top coat. QF top coats tend to make glitters come off in sheets when applied directly to the glitter, so I use another non-fast dry top coat first. Hope this helps.

Melissa said...

They're all really gorgeous, but I like Liquid Crystal, Prism, and Optical Illusion the most!

Makena said...

I love te ray-Diane and the full spectrum! These are some fun colors!!!