Friday, June 1, 2012

A pretty blue pair!

Happy Friday, I'm actually too exhausted to celebrate Friday. I've been hitting the gym hard in preparation for my summer trip to Asia.  I forgot how much more beef I eat when I lift weights consistently...chicken doesn't cut, nor does turkey or fish, but BEEF hits the hunger spot, EVERY TIME!  LOL!

Okay enough about meat, I'm getting hungry, back to the polish! :)














I wore this pretty blue combo last week, and it surprised me how much I loved it, since it was a last minute decision...I spend a lot of time thinking abut layering combinations, because once I do a combo, I want to love it, so I don't feel the need to take it all off and do another over again.

I did 2 coats of China Glaze "Shower Together" and 1 coat of Nicole by OPI " Nicole...Spotted".





























I took the majority of the pics in the shade, since the pics in the sun were all "sparkle and shine" and no detail  :(








































Yep, this pair was awesome! BUT.. and this is a tiny but, it left my nails a bit BLUE when I took it off. I knew the China Glaze would stain, so I made sure to double up on my base coat. So instead of leaving my entire nail blue, it left just the edges blue, I can live with that. :)














"Shower Together" is from the ECollection 2008, it is a bright turquoise blue creme, a bit sheer, so if you wear it alone, 3 coats my be needed.  "Nicole...Spotted" was from the Gossip Girl Collection from 2009. It is a tinted aqua green jelly base with glitter of all sizes...serious glitter whammy!



 "Nicole...spotted" is perfect because when it is layered over another color, the base color still shows thru nicely.  The perfect blue pair! :)

Happy Friday!
Pin It!

7 comments:

Carly @ Lacquered Lover said...

AMazing combo! I love it! So sparkly and fun!

Unknown said...

Very pretty combination!!!

Rainbowify Me said...

It looks great. That's truly a perfect combo!

Melissa said...

They're really pretty together! Great combo!

Cel said...

That's a lovely combination indeed!

Gottwinkies said...

Argh! Smurf Fingers! I know the feeling :0)

Tropicalnailart.blogspot.com said...

What part of Asia are you going to? I'm sure you will come back with some awesome polishes. Lol