Friday, December 31, 2010

Chanel vs. a REAL black pearl

Okay so while I was shopping the day after Christmas, I  (of course) stalked the Chanel polish "Black Pearl" at my local Nordies, and of course with my money burning a hole in my pocket ....as soon as I saw it, I grabbed it and off I ran!!!

Here it is 2 coats, 1 coat of Seche Vite and 0 complaints!!! :)














Gorgeous! This polish made my sad lil' nubbins, VERY VERY happy!  Then I decided to compare Chanel's "Black Pearl", to my black pearl pendant.



























Not bad, pretty darn close Chanel..I'm impressed!  The color is a phenomenal blackened grey with a fabulous, yet very slight,  green shimmer, very much like the kind you would find on a black pearl.

This is definitely one to pick up. 














In the pics the polish looks more green than it appears on the hand, in person it is VERY close to the actual pearl in the pics.














I am very happy that Chanel did not release another "blackened whatever" color,  that just looks black on the hands, they actually produced something that is truly blackened without being black..BRAVO!

For me this polish was $24.90 (w/tax) just 10 cents shy of my $25 limit...I swear if Chanel decides to go up in price more, I may have to shoot myself, I CAN NOT spend more than $25 on polish, that's insane!

Happy New Year everyone! :)
Pin It!

9 comments:

liquoredonlacquer said...

Ohhh wow! 24.90 is worth it ♥

Unknown said...

Very pretty! I own one Chanel polish...its black satin, its old and sticky but I can't throw it away! lol!

Katrina said...

haha yes, $25 is an insaaaane price tag for a bottle of nail polish...as pretty as it may be. :P

have a Happy New Year!~

Unknown said...

It is a gorgeous polish and looks wonderful on you. Yes, Chanel put there foot in this one :D

Recalcitrant Nails said...

This is one of the first Chanel's I've ever been stoked to pick up. Looks awesome on you and I love the real pearl comparison. ;)

Anonymous said...

What a great comparison! ^^

L said...

Awesome! I love this comparison.

Dante said...

That Chanel is a really good look.

Rory said...

Wow that does look remarkably like a black pearl! I'm very impressed. Also, I agree...they cannot raise the price; it's verging on ridiculous!