Monday, May 16, 2011

OPI DS "Desire"

Yep, its gorgeous and it's mine all because of a gorgeous and generous blogger named April :) You see, Aptil has a great blog called Concrete and Nail Polish, and she has an even better clothing and nail polish shop called Medusa Thread's.

Recently she got her hands on some truly HTF colors, and decided to try and sell them on EBay. I love EBay and I agree that some sellers are guilty of serious price gouging, but April is NOT one of them!! She listed this beauty for a reasonable price, but the problem was that the color was a bit "green" in the bottle.  I messaged her, and asked if the bottle was really "that green" in person, she said yes, but she knew it was real, and I believed her, because I bought almost all of my China Glaze Kaleidoscope collection from her, and she is a trusted "nail connoisseur" :)

So long story short, she pulled the polish from the EBay site (because everyone kept asking about the color) and she emailed me and offered it to me as an extra with my next order.  As luck would have it, I had my eye on her bottle of OPI "Man Of La Mancha" and once I ordered it, OPI DS "Desire" came along as an extra.:)

April is the sweetest blogger,store owner, EBay seller  and personI have ever met on the web, and I will continue to purchase from her because she is knowledgeable, fair and an overall great person!

So enough with the words, here is OPI DS "Desire", 3 coats














Gorgeous, chocolate brown holographic loveliness!!!





















































All I can add is..."Yeah, it's real", and "Yeah, it's gorgeous" :)

The first second I got the bottle, I was in agreement that the bottle color and top were "off", almost faded and discolored and it hit me.....



























SUN!!!!!!!! I could tell by looking at the cap that this polish had been sitting in the sun. I emailed April and she confirmed my suspicions.  She said the bottle was on a  shelf directly in the sun, in the store window! AH HA! Mystery solved!  Plus, April and I agreed that we had seen other pics of this polish on the web and their bottles were a tad "green" as well. 





























It could be a little bit of "the formula" and "the sun" combined that makes this polish so odd colored in the bottle, but on the nail..... it's perfect!!! Thanks April for curing a serious lemming for me!!!! :)
Pin It!

12 comments:

Gottwinkies said...

OK...that holo is to drool for.....Diferent enough to make me want it lol

Unknown said...

@Gottwinkies- That's what i thought when I first saw it, too..Thanks :)

april brooks said...

Wow! I feel the same about you Jackie! Before I started blogging and using facebook, I didn't really understand that people could make real connections on the internet without ever meeting in person. But lovely ladies like you have let me see the light. Now I've found lots of folks that I truly count as friends scattered all over the globe.
Thanks so much!!

OhyeahNailart said...

NEED. THIS.

Anonymous said...

I've bought a bunch of OPI DS polishes at a local swapmeet for 2.50 each! Such a great deal. Last time I went, they had a bottle of Desire that I wanted soooo bad, but it had been leaking and was half empty with the cap stuck tight, and the part that had leaked out looked eerily non holo. So i passed it up. Hopefully I come across it again one day. Gorgeous!!!

Marika said...

Woaaa how glam is that!?
Stunning!

http://fashionista-marika.blogspot.com/

Ngelic said...

The name really does suit it! It does make me desire it a lot XD

Refined and Polished said...

omg...so pretty on you! Adding this to my wishlist!

Sasha said...

This is one of my favorite as well- it's gorgeous on you!

Unknown said...

Thank You everybody!

cocofiere said...

Gorgeous! I'm STILL on the hunt for this one and the CG Holographic/OMG holos. I only have 2 of the 4 OPI DS holos(Sapphire & Signature)I want for my collection. I've almost given up on Clarins 230. One day.....

polishloving said...

wow this is so cool :) my wishlist is growing...