Tuesday, May 3, 2011

OPI: Pirates of The Caribbean Swatches and Review

Here they are in all of their Pirate Glory..LOL!  I have to admit, at first,  I was not thrilled abut this collection.  I love Pirates of the Caribbean (who doesn't), and I was very happy to see a Silver Shatter, but overall, all the pastels made me a little "sea sick" at first..LOL.

But after swatching them...I'm a believer!
Yes,  I too have partaken of the pirates booty...and I liked it! LOL :);P

OPI "Mermaid's Tears"
3 coats














OPI "Mermaids Tears" with OPI "Silver Shatter"














Left to Right: TC, no TC, TC, and TC
In this pic, I used a top coat (TC) on all the nails except the middle finger. I wanted you to see what the shatter was like with a top coat and without. The Top coat adds a lot of shine to the shatter, and it really sparkles in the light, otherwise the shatter dries pretty matte.

OPI "Stranger Tides"
3 coats














OPI "Stranger Tides" with shatter and TC















OPI "Skull and Gloss bones"
3 coats














OPI "Skull and Glossbones" with shatter and TC.

OPI "Steady As She Rose"
3 coats














OPI "Steady As She Rose" with shatter and TC














OPI " Planks A Lot"
3 coats.  My pinkie was seriously smudged in this one, so no pinkie shot :)














OPI "Planks A Lot" with shatter and TC. The pinkie made it back into the picture....great thing about the shatter is that it can cover MOST nail mistakes. :)















OPI "Sparrow Me The Drama"
3 coats














OPI "Sparrow Me The Drama" with shatter and TC.














Overall I am pleasantly surprised by this collection, even though the colors would be classified as pastel, I love them.  The formula is excellent, dry time is nice, the ProWide brush is awesome, and the silver shatter is my new love for summer.

I think the standouts in this collection are "Stranger Tides" and "Skull and Glossbones", they are two very unique and different colors and with the shatter, they are awesome in my opinion!

My third favorite would be "Mermaids Tears", I know that there have been some close comparisons with Orly "Ancient Jade", but I think that Mermaids Tears is less minty and more "sea-foamy" than the Orly and with that distinction, it is still an original.  I also do not have the Orly, so I'm good to go :)
The Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides-inspired Nail Lacquers by OPI contain no DBP, Toluene, or Formaldehyde, and feature OPI’s exclusive ProWide Brush for the ultimate in application. 
This limited-edition Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides collection will be available beginning May 2011 at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, JCPenney, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, and ULTA, for  $8.50 ($10.95 CAN) suggested retail for each Nail Lacquer.
For more information, please call 800-341-9999 or visit www.opi.com. Follow OPI on Twitter @OPI_PRODUCTS and become a Facebook fan!
Which colors are you going to get from this collection? 

*This product sent by PR for review
Pin It!

17 comments:

The Phalanges Friend said...

They all look so pretty on you!
And my favorites are your favorites...Skulls and Glossbones, Stranger Tides, and Mermaid's Tears.
I can't wait until school is over so I can go home and order them.
Thanks for the pretty swatches!

KarenD said...

I still think these colors make precious little sense for a PotC collection, but I'll be buying at least the shatter and Stranger Tides (if I can find them).

Unknown said...

@KarenD- I agree completely, I was hoping the collection would be more dark and blodd thirsty and "pirate-like"..but the movie is coming out int he summer..LOL. :)

@ChaosButterfly-- I know, they are the best 3, by far! :)

LadyLuck said...

Im a POTC fan/lover and that side of me tells me to get it .__. but again, i was expecting more pirate-ish colors, like red, gold, black, brown... got it? Even so, i want them!

BMR said...

My nearest Ulta isn't sure if it's going to sell this collection or not. Boo hiss.

With that said, I'm still skeptical about this. The only ones I feel I like are Mermaid's Tears and Stranger Tides, but I don't feel like I need them, you know? Silver Shatter looks good, but SH and CC are coming out with a Silver that I know I'll be able to get, and isn't CG coming out with a silver shatter later this year? Plus, I think I like the blue shatters better than this.

I feel like I'm trying to like this collection, but failing. :(

BTW, these look great on you! Especially Planks a Lot and Sparrow me the Drama. :)

Tierney said...

I want them all!! Hahah. The ones I want most though are Mermaid's Tears and Stranger Tides.

Great swatches, thank youuu! :D

-Diana- said...

Thanks for the swatches I haven't seen any great swatchea yet, so thanks a lot :)

They look great on you.

I sure love a couple of them.

Rory said...

I got Stranger Tides because the color was so unique. It doesn't look half as good on me as it does on you. When I wore it to work all the nurses where, "ehhh, you have corpse nails!" Thanks guys, thanks a lot! Haha.

Hannah. said...

I love the top colour, in fact they're all gorgeous!
Great swatches! xxx

www.hazzaapee.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

These are great swatches :) I'm definitely going to pick up Skull and Glossbones!
xx
www.cararobinson.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I don't like most of the shades by itself. With the silver shatter though, <3!

Buy WoW Accounts said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Recalcitrant Nails said...

Very nice swatches. :)

Anonymous said...

Great swatches, the lighting and your application are perfect! How does Mermaid's Tears compare to For Audrey, if you don't mind me asking?

glamoratti said...

I am going to try and get all of them. I love OPI! This collection has colors that I love a lot!!

AllThingsNails! said...

Just saw the collection yesterday and passed (only because the store was closing). Can't wait to have more time to check these out!

Valerie said...

I think all of the colors look great on you!

The ones I think I'll be getting are Mermaid's Tears, Skull and Glossbones, Planks A Lot.

I would have to see the colors in person to decide which of the pinks would look better on me.

I want to like Stranger Tides but I think it wouldn't look good on me. Nice blog by the way. Best nail blog I've come across so far.