Monday, May 9, 2011

OPI: Serena Williams Glam Slam: French Open- Pack #1





Here it is OPI "Rally Pretty Pink" and OPI "Red Shatter".  When I first saw this combo, I thought "NO WAY!!!!!" , it just didn't make sense in me head, pink/lavender golden shimmer covered in red?...and shattered at that?! Nuh Huh!!!

Well let me just eat my words, because...I am here to say...it really does work...LOL, seriously...it does!














Here is 2 coats of OPI "Rally Pretty Pink" over 1 coat of base coat.  This great color happens to be a dupe of Zoya "Faye".  The PolishAholic did a great comparison HERE.














Gorgeous, "Rally Pretty Pink" is a great golden glass flecked pink/lavender shimmer..simply perfect for a sunny day.  Then I added the "Red Shatter "....are you ready?



























Things just got interesting, didn't they?!



























The golden pink shimmer is very complimentary to the red shatter.  This shatter isn't like your ordinary shatter, it has a translucent clear jelly quality to it. ...Look!



























UGGGHHHH it's gorgeous!

Love it!

I can't wait to try this over my favorite glitters, glass flecks and shimmers this summer, it is going to be AWESOME!!!!!

Glam Slam! France will be available beginning May 2011 at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, JCPenney, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, and ULTA, for $14.95 ($20.95 CAN) suggested retail for each duo-pack. 
For more information, please call 800-341-9999 or visit www.opi.com. Follow OPI on Twitter @OPI_PRODUCTS and become a Facebook fan!

*These products provided by PR
Pin It!

9 comments:

The Preppy Student said...

This is GORGEOUS. What a cool combo. I just love it!

Yasmin said...

Wow very nice combo! Potential V-day status!

Unknown said...

Thanks! I really feel this is my favorite Shatter combo, it was such an unexpected surprise! Definitely V-day worthy! :)

Rory said...

This looks way better than expected! I hope the colors in these duos come out as singles, though, because I already have red shatter and Rally Pretty Pink looks awesome...although, I suppose I could just get Faye!

BMR said...

The more I see of this combo, the more I like it. It's very pretty.

Question-how do you get your shatter to shatter like that? I happened on Silver Shatter this weekend while at Ulta and said what the hell and bought it. I put it over the mani I was wearing and it didn't shatter all that well. I tried less/more polish, less/more pressure while applying. Nothing worked. :(

Unknown said...

@BMR- Make sure you shake it well before. Then I applied a thick coat and with the silver shatter, you can go over it a couple times (2 or 3 strokes) before it truly dries. Thats it! The shatter doesn't react the same to all (non-OPI) polishes, it can differ depending on the base color :) Hope this helps!

Unknown said...

@Varnish Vixen- I know there are some girls on MUA that will split the packages for swaps. But I do not believe they will be sold separately in the stores :(

Toyomi said...

I think these colors are a bit odd together but the base color is gorgeous. I love the red shatter too .

BMR said...

Ah. So it crackles better on OPI polishes and shake it first. Got it. Thanks! :)